PINSTRIPES

I have a 90' black Reatta (grey interior) which was recently backed into. I am having the pinstripes painted on. Could someone please verify the correct factory color? Thanks in advance!<P>Troy

A gray pinstripe doesn't seem right with a black exterior. Does anybody have a black Reatta with any color pinstripping? Was it an option with black? My is Maui Blue interior / Blue exterior with White pinstripping.

Just a shot in the dark on this one, but<BR>I have a red '91 with gold pin stripes.<BR>I sorta makes sense that the black Reattas<BR>would have either white or gold pin stripes.<BR>Jim Houston<BR>Charleston, SC<BR>(Sorry we missed you Barney!!)

I have a black 1990 convertible with tan interior. The pinstriping on mine is gold. I believe one of the option code numbers on the sticker in the spare tire well denotes the stripe color. You can also go to a dealership and give them the VIN number of your car. They can use this to obtain a computer printout of your car and all of the colors, options, etc. that your car had when originally built. It was also possible to order a car and delete the pinstriping. That would also show up on the computer printout. Good luck...<P>------------------<BR>1972 GS 455 4-speed <BR>1990 Reatta convertible<BR>1990 Regal GS

On the 1991 order form, it states that the stripe should match the interior whenever possible. unless the car was produced with YL6 code which is a stripe delete code . stripes are slate 18A, dk blue 21A, white 40a, black 41A, gold 55A, red 75A, dk gray 85A.

Our '90 Conv, Black w/gray interior has "stripe delete" on the sticker and was credited with -$45. <P>Most Blacks, if not all, I have seen were gold striped. I think I have seen a gray one but can't recall where. Have looked in my log but not shown. Why not check the Reatta list on the net to see what it holds??<P>Chuck

My black 89 has a red pin stripe. This matches the red interior.<P> ALSO I CAN NOT RECALL MY PASS WORD. I have clicked on the message below but I get a Error message ( 543,503 and a 502) These are all server messages.

• 3 months later...

I was on vacation when this was posted. While late, I hope it helps........<P>Look at the "service parts identification label" in the trunk, right side of spare, under the insulation. <P>Near the end of the list of codes, there will be a code ending in "A" for "accent (stripe)"<BR>The order form suggested that the stripe match the interior, however it appears any available color could be ordered.<P>For your black car with grey interior, the code most likely will be 08A or 18A (for slate) 10A (for grey) 11A or 40A (for white)<BR>All of these codes can be viewed on Tom Jenking page at <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> <P>There is a possibility that the car was ordered without a stripe, that code is YL6 or YM5 <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.<p>[This message has been edited by Barney Eaton (edited 11-05-2000).]

My black Reatta has a gold pinstripe, but don't paint it on. Autobody shops can get the pinstripe from the dealer and put it on. Painting it on makes it look bad, believe me!