My Reatta left me stranded--twice now!

I have a kind of unique problem with one of my Reattas. Twice now it has failed to start after driving for a while and then stopping for about half hour. Seems to start okay if I stop for less time. <BR>Another unusualy thing is that if I leave it for 24 hours without trying to start it, it then fires up with just a short click of the starter. It runs and idles very smooth otherwise. <BR>Here is the sequence of events both times. The outside temp was in mid-90s. I parked for 1/2 hour and then tried to start. It started, ran really rough for about 1 minute and then would not start no matter how long I grind the starter....It seems like it is really flooded, or that it is starved for fuel. I did now smell any gas either time so, my guess is that it was starving for fuel. I tried it in 4 hours, then 6 hours and it still would not start...Left it overnight both times and it started the next morning. One other thing, short trips or cool days where it really never gets hot don't seem to bother it.<BR>I don't have any codes, but the little arrow below OX is always on when I go into diagnostic mode on the computer...I appreciate any ideas....I'm reluctant to take it to Dealer without more information...<p>[This message has been edited by Dave Buchanan (edited 07-10-2000).]

Check for spark. I had a similar event with the spark module being intermittent. Sometimes it would work, other times it would just crank, no spark.These modules don't usually fail this way; usually they just quit, learn something every day. These units 'aint cheap, check salvgae yards, they come off with a 10mm box wrench (3 mtg nuts) and a 7mm socket for the connector.

I also had a similar problem, it would start and run fine until it warmed up, and then it would just die. Nearly killed me one day. After replacing the fuel pump, filter, ignition module and coil pack, it turned out to be the crank sensor.

Well, to close this one out with a much lighter pocketbook. It was the fuel pump. It was getting power but not running when it got hot. This is the second one in 2 years. The other one was aftermarket which the GM dealer really "bad mouthed". So, this time I went with Delco and let the Buick Dealer do it. That is the reason my pocketbook is so much lighter. <BR>Thanks for all your ideas..By the way, I still can't explain why the car continued to run so smoothly once it did start and why it only happened after the car was turned off for 1/2 hour or so. I guess the pump motor was just not starting up sometimes, but once it did start it pumped okay..??<BR>In any case, it it starting great, hot or cold, today..