Headlight door diode part number

Does anyone know the part number (or the current rating) for the headlight motor diode. Mine is fryed to a crisp! I can't seem to find it in the service manual. Maybe I am just ovelooking it but I've tried to find it 3 times now! By the way,the symptom of this problem is that the headlights come on any time the headlight door open switch is activated. Thanks

Jim, Just to let you know. The diode was 2 for .69 at Radio Shack. Worked great. Now my headlights don't come on when I open the headlight doors; just when I hit the headlight on switch as they should! By the way, GM does still carry the diode, it is one for $1.50 from the Buick dealer..

• 2 years later...

Purchase two. Put it in with the wrong polarity and it will be toast. Just put the next one in the other way. I got lucky and guessed right the first time.

Any one else think the Reatta lights are the weirdest in the automotive world?? Except Lucas?

Remove passenger's side console cover. (vertical carpeted part) Diode is ahead (towards firewall) of fuse box on 89 in a wire that is probably burnt black. I soldered mine in.

wufibug are you thinking that this is a bellcrank problem? Sounds like the diode is burnt out. Will they crank up manually? and when up and on turning the lights off at the switch will close them? Will turning the light on with the switch turn them on but neither opens even a bit? Then your diode is burnt out!!!

If not then ghost in the machine.

I had to do the bellcrank fix on the left side a month ago. While there I cleaned up the armature and adjusted the right side. Everything seemed to work fine. Hit switch, lights go up and come on; hit switch, lights go down and off. Then one started going up and down, from there bad went to worse. Short of it: Now the switch turns on the lights, but neither go up. I can manually raise the left, but the crank is sloppy. Switch will retract left and shut off both lights. I cannot even manually raise the right [probably misadjusted something], though the light comes on with the switch. Have resolved to replace diodes and cranks. Will review all posts on any backyard upgrades to make these things more resilient.