Lincoln Zephyr V12 block deck height ?

gary roth

Don't know the exact answer Gary, but it seems like it should be 3 3/4", the stroke, plus the distance from the center of the wristpin hole to the top of the piston, don't have an old piston around right now to measure, but that should be it, shouldn't it??

Guest imported_V12Bill

Rolf , I would think it would be half the stroke plus the distance from the wrist pin center to top of piston. Half of the stroke would take you to the center of the mains.

If the mains were align bored wouldn't this decrease the deck height also?

Bill

Ok Bill, you may be right, but in the old days with flathead Fords that we were always hot-rodding, the first thing we did after getting a head off was put the piston all the way down, and run a measure down and see how far it went down, if it was 3 3/4 it was a Ford, if it was 4" it was a '49-'53 Merc crank, not rocket science by a long shot, but 4" cranks were always a desirable item, and it was like a jackpot when we found one.

I have an original blueprint of the Lincoln engine with all the measurements somewhere in the house, my wife thinks my car parts and gun room is her storage room,as soon as I do some cleaning and get back on my feet I will try to get a picture of it or at least the measurments you want, its on a 3 foot by 4 foot sheet of paper so a pic might not work.

Hi; I think you will find the measurement to be 11.025"

Total distance = Stroke devided 2 (1.875") + C/C of con rod (7.4000") + piston comp. height (1.750")

Crank align boring will not affect this.

Hope this is of some help. Are you thinking about stroking your engine.?

All the best. Eppy

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Eppy for the V12 block deck ht spec - I hope it wasnt too much trouble. I dont have the $ to make it happen ( not yet anyway ), but I was putting together some specs for custom cast / billet flathead engines. 3.00 bore x 4.00 stroke - 339 CID Lincoln Zephyr V12 : 1.50 pin ht, 0 deck clearance, 7.50 con rod, 1.875 rod ratio, 11.00 block deck ht. 3.50 bore x 4.50 stroke - 346 CID ( 239 8BA ) : 1.50 pin ht, 0 deck clearance, 6.75 con rod, 1.5 rod ratio, 10.50 block deck ht ( stock is 10.4375 ). 4.00 bore x 5.00 stroke - 503 CID ( 337 E - series ) : 1.50 pin ht, 0 deck clearance, 8.75 con rod, 1.75 rod ratio, 12.75 block deck ht. The V12 would have 4 bolt #2, #3 main caps, the two V8s would have 4 bolt center main caps and 180 degree crankshafts. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, Eppy.