Buick convention bound......

Barney Eaton

Leaving Sunday for Richmond. Georgetown TX to Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Bristol, Roanoke to Richmond.<P>After the convention headed to Daytona Beach for the national Corvair convention, Richmond to Wilmington, Charleston,Savanna, Jacksonville, then Daytona Beach. <P>Let me know where you live along the way and I will honk............<P>Or better yet, send me a note and tell me what not to miss along the way, any car museums, and I must stop at antique stores for my wife. Playing golf in Charleston, Hilton Head, and Jacksonville.<P>Will be off line until July 25<P>Barney@texas.net<P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.<p>[This message has been edited by Barney Eaton (edited 06-26-2000).]

What Barney calls the Buick convention is actually the 2000 Buick National Meet in Richmond, VA hosted by the Northern Virginia Chapter of the Buick Club of America.<P>Since Barney plans to be away from this board for almost a month, we are going to make him an offer he cannot refuse.<P>We are bringing our laptop to write the Reatta Division Summer 2000 newsletter and update membership records.<P>We will be checking this board on a daily basis from Richmond. We will alert Barney to any questions requiring his attention and we may even let him check in on things on his own! At least he will be able to keep in touch for 1 of his 4 weeks away.<P>We are also leaving Sunday morning from North Central Massachusetts with our 90 convertible and plan on arriving in the Charlottesville, VA area Sunday around 9 PM.<P>We will be leading the Reatta Rendezvous Group 1 tour first thing Monday morning at Monticello starting at 7:45 AM, having lunch at Michie Tavern starting at 11:15 AM, and then joining the Group 2 tour at Montpelier in the afternoon at 2 PM.<P>And before all this happens, we are off to Georgia to pick up our new find, a 1991 coupe!<P>See you in Virigina July 2nd to 8th.<P>Marc

Have fun, all of you! I wish I could be there. Maybe a daily posting of how your trip is going would brighten our days here at the old Reatta board.<P>Now, Barney, I know this is OUT OF THE WAY, but if you were to cut West on I-10 from Jacksonville, then South on 75, just after you pass Gainesville, you'll see signs for Micanopy. There, you wife will find some of the best antique stores Florida has to offer. One big one (Smileys) is just off I-75. This is also the exit (if I recall correctly) for the Big Daddy Don Garlits drag race museum.<P>This is all kind of out of the way for you, but if you get the urge to explore, I recommend that area. As you go south from there, you'll see some of Florida's Horse country (Ocala). Or, you could just head back to I-95 and go south to Daytona again.<P>There are some back roads from Jacksonville to Gainesville, so you might try that routing and see more of the local color.<P>Have fun!!!<BR>

OKAY Barney......You are leaving Jacksonville; there are some neat places off of 95 between Myrtle Beach and Jacksonville; and the best antique route is US-301 from Jacksonville to Tampa. Just note that Micanopy is between Gainesville and Ocala and Don Garlett's is near Belleview HWY-484 and I-75, south of Ocala, but it is worth seeing if you haven't yet! If you get close to Tampa give a call and we'll meet!<BR>Ron

I live in Jacksonville. When will you be coming through and where are you staying and playing golf. I would love to meet you when you pass through..... You cna Email me at Revron1@aol.com See ya. Ron Eittreim