1912 Pierce Arrow Motorcycle

Brian10

I just purchased a complete 1912 (est). Pierce Arrow motorcycle engine. Mine is the 4 cylinder model. The engine is complete down to the original exhaust and carburetor. It has compression and everything seems to be in working order. I believe it would probably run, but I plan on doing a teardown before attempting that. I would really like to make a complete motorcycle out of this. Since this is a very rare motorcycle, I'm posting this on the slim chance that someone out there has a frame or parts of a frame.

If you have any info on any parts to this motorcycle, I would appreciate you sharing that info with me. If you have parts to one of these motorcycles, I would love to get in touch with you. Even if you do not want to sell your parts, I would apprecicate you allowing me access to your parts so that I can make reproductions by copying the original parts. I know that is a lot to ask, but I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks for any response,

Brian10

Brian, good find. You just missed one of the best{even if it rained} antique MC shows this weekend at Oley, Pa. As was suggested, look into joining Antique Motorcycle Club of America ALSO, not instead of AACA. But before you touch a wrench to your Pierce do lots of research and talk to other Pierce owners. MC guys are WAY differant then car guys. The very last thing a MC guy will do is restore. An original bike is respected for what it is. If the bike can be left original it will be. The value of a restored as opposed to original MC will never pay for the chrome or nickel plating bill, let alone the paint, tires , spokes, etc. A correct MC restoration is more difficult then cars, because absolutely every nut and washer shows. Make it run and be proud. But it is yours, so do what you like.

Brian, While attending the flea market in Chicksha, OK, we visited a vehicle collection owned by a man in Oklahoma City. He had two PA MCs. I'll try to find his address tomorrow. Also you should check with the Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, AL. They have over 800 motorcycles on display, including a PA and I understand that they have a lot more bits and pieces in their shop and storage.

Brian, Welcome to the Forum,that is a great find! Hold off taking anything apart, don't get carried away cleaning things either. As Doug stated bike and car guys look at things differently. I think there was an engineless Pierce at Oley a few years ago, might have been Hershey, but I did see one. I'll get the address of a fellow I know in New Jersey that has a complete one.

All right, I was hoping for these types of responses. You guys are great. All of the information is appreciated. If you guys can get back to me with more info, I appreciate it greatly. I have been in touch with just a few people on this subject. I've actually had this engine for just a few weeks. I knew about it for over a year, and was finally able to make a deal on the engine just recently. I didn't want to do too much advertising until I actually owned the engine. Now that it is mine, I have just started looking for parts. My eventual goal is to have a complet motorcycle and ride it around. I have been involved with collecting cars and bikes since I was 14. As of now, I have lost count of how many bikes I've owned through the years. This bike, I will keep. I have a shop with 6 bikes in it right now, and the wife doesn't really understand why I still need more? Anyway, I've never owned anything nearly as old as this, but it was always a dream of mine to own something this old. Now, I have the first piece of my long sought after genuine antique motorcycle. It may take a while, but this is one bike I either have to find a frame for or reproduce a frame for it. At least I have some experience with this stuff.

I have done complete restorations on several automobiles and a couple of motorcycles already, so thank youfor all of the help.