Select Sixty and other Reattas

Barney Eaton

Just noticed an unregistered post from "Blenhien" in Sausalito with a Select Sixty...<BR>PLEASE send me the serial number (VIN)for the database. We have located 15 of the 65 built and I get to retire from this job when I get all 65..... <P>If you own a Reatta, are visiting the site, registered or unregistered, once owned a Reatta, know someone that owns a Reatta... send me the VIN, colors and options and it will be added to the database..... I have less than 21,000 to completely identify all Reattas produced.<P>The database can be viewed at ...... <A HREF="http://www.pixi.com/~jenkins/reatta" TARGET=_blank>www.pixi.com/~jenkins/reatta</A> <BR>send your information to.. Barney@texas.net<P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Barney, <BR>Tried several times to forward my VIN to ou, but never received confirmation that you've received it. Just in case you haven't, it's below. Also, don't know if it helps or is worth mentioning, but the person that had my '90 Red/Tan (GM calls interior "Rosewood") from 3/16/98-9/16/98 was Denise K. & George Smedley. <P>I found their old insurance card in my center console when I installed the new radio.<P>VIN: 1G4EC13C0LB908431<BR>No Options; Black trim; Original radio sold recently (now aftermarket) and 12disc Pioneer CDx will be installed soon. No major repairs since I took delivery 12/29/99 and still under 1yr warranty. Had 108K, now @ 115K+. Daily driver in Baltimore City, MD.<P>Hope this is of some use. Please let me know by email if you need more info. <BR><P>------------------<BR>D. L. Mc Crea<BR>DIGItal TECHnologies, LLC<BR>Consultants_1@Yahoo.com

• 1 year later...

Hi Barney, I sent you an email a few weeks ago when I bought my 88. I just reviewed the database which states it was updated on 5/23. My car is not listed. Did you receive the email?<P>Mike C.

Don't get too upset with me if your car doesn't appear on the database... I get 99% of them there.<P>I often get 15 emails each day. I scan them first then go back and try to give answers to the technical questions and I print the car information that is sent. About twice a week I take the car information and enter it into the database. If you sent me a question and car information, sometimes it gets in the wrong pile and I may fail to get it entered.<P>Then someone will send me their vin number and nothing else. I respond by asking them for the color and options....two weeks later they will send me a note saying white with red and I am supposed to know what car that goes with.

Hey I did tell my dad to email you with their vin OH and my mom bought the 88 reatta I now own from the owner of a Buick Dealership in town. It was the owners personal vehicle.

Hi Barney,<BR>I'm not upset. I just asked a question which you still haven't answered. I'm sure you are overwhelmed with Reatta "opportunities" so here's the message I sent on April 30.<P>Hello,<BR>I purchased an 88 Reatta coupe today. I thought you might like to add it to<BR>your database.<P><BR>1G4EC11C5JB 904388<BR>Arctic White<BR>Garnet stripe<BR>Garnet Red interior, no suede (orig sticker states "seats in leather &<BR>suede")<BR>black moldings<BR>no cd<BR>no 16 way<BR>no sunroof<BR>104K miles<BR>$4500<P>The orignal manifest is with the car but I don't see a reference to build<BR>date. The warranty and owner assistance information booklet has an in<BR>service date of 11/27/88. The car was sold new in Memphis, TN.<BR>Regards,<BR>Mike Campbell<BR>Springfield, MO

Guest Stan Leslie

Mike - your car should have a build date of 8/88 on the door sticker. The suede interiors were discontinued around VIN #1800 depending on color. The text on the window sticker was apparently not updated.