How many 56 Roadmaster people out there?

56Roadmaster

Scott, this doesn't help much with your question, but a week or so ago, I went out to go to the ATM or somewhere on a Sunday early evening and saw the tail lights of a '56 Buick on Hill Rd in Flint, MI, I was able to catch up to see the car that was on a trailer, it was a 2 door,Roadmaster, red and white, straight and fairly clean, maybe oxidzed red a little, being pulled by a Chevy Avalanche, I wasn't able to make contact with them, and I have know idea where the car may have came from, but it was in pretty nice shape,body wise, and definitely a rare sight to see! Roberta

Thanks for the sighting Roberta,<BR> At least here on the upper east coast I have not even seen one 56 Roadmaster at any shows, and rarely a 56 of any model.<BR> Maybe people who wanted a higher end GM car opted for the Caddy, R/M and some Caddy's share the same windshield and trim.

Scott------I'm kinda like you. I have owned my 1955-76R for 32 years and have never seen (in person) a 1955 or 1956 76-R or 76-C and that includes the Buick Nationals in Minn.,Mn. in 1979( where incidently I got a 3rd place in Class 10). I know there must be some because they sell parts for them----BUT WHERE ARE THEY???

ROADMASTER SERIES<P>Model 72-Four-Door Sedan.......................................11,804<BR>Model 73-Four-Door Riviera.....................................24,779<BR>Model 76C-Convertible Coupe.....................................4,354<BR>Model 76R-Two Door Riviera.....................................12,490<BR>Model 721-Stripped Chassis........................................144<BR>Model 731-Stripped Chassis.........................................96

There was a very nice Red and Black 1956 Roadmaster 2 door Riviera (76R) at the 5th Plymouth Rock Buick Classic held in Plymouth, MA Saturday August 3. The owner registered day of show so I do not have his name in the preregistered database. He was from Massachusetts but we never see him at monthly meetings or other shows.<P>There were at least two other 56s at the show. I can remember at least two 4 door hardtop Specials that were there.<P>I once looked at a 56 76R Red top/white body that need a lot of work in Lawrence, MA. It had been left outside under a tarp which caused the paint to crack and peel. The car had an after market air conditioner on the tranmission hump but also had parts to a factory air unit in the trunk. I walked away from it since it was a money pit, needed lots of work, and the owner wanted too much for it.<p>[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Marc Brouillette ]

I actually have owned or own one of each body style 1956 roadmaster in the last two years.<BR>Currently I have a two door roadmaster, there are a good number in Los Angeles. It was an expensive car, so not everyone in rural america would have one back in 1956, probably the big city's.

Scott<BR> There is a mint original pink and black Roadmaster 4dr ht in Pascagoula, MS. 16,000 original miles and the original paint is still perfect on it except the drool spots I left. I'm trying to get him to bring it to Cruisin the Coast down here in October.

Hello, I have (2) 1956 4-door Roadmaster Riviera's. One is Yellow and white the other is all Black. I picked these cars up in Oklahoma just across the Texas line about 3 years ago. If anyone is interested in purchasing one or both give me a call and lets talk. They are both complete and have no rust but will need total restoration. (770) 947-0188 or (404) 515-0116 ask for Jeff.

Hi Scott and others. As far as Maine goes<BR>I have never seen a Super or a Roadmaster on<BR>the road or in the "Salvage Yard" only special<BR>and century and most of them are 4 door post<BR>models, think you are right about rural people not going for the higher priced models. Guess I'm not going to overhaul my fuel pump by myself. Afrter seeing the post<BR>here I think maybe I buy one all rebuilt<BR>for little more money. Loren

• 11 months later...

Hi, I purchased a 1956 Roadmaster eariler this year. It has been sitting in a garage for 40 years and is in wonderful condition! Only 13,515 original miles.

Colors are red over black over red. I had to strip the original paint due to cracking in the finish. and am putting it back together now. Should be done in 6 - 8 weeks. I bought this car because my father had one like it and I learned to drive in it. Now I will pull my 1936 Garwood speedboat with it to shows.

Take Care,

Garland Gentry

Culpeper, Va.

Scott,

Well, in Pittsburgh, PA I have been fortunate enough to take my late great Uncle Ziggy's 1956 73 4-door Roadmaster into my possesion! Castle Blue/grey and white and purchased by Uncle Ziggy in late 1956 from Massey Buick in Pittsburgh. I have all the original paperwork including the sales representative's business card! It has 35,000 original Sunday miles and is 100% original. I am in the process of a complete restoration as it sat for the last 15 years inside of Uncle Ziggy's garage. I am typically a late 60's muscle car freak, but I have to tell you that I enjoy this car greatly. Buick people are great and this forum will save me many, many painful evenings! I have two young daughters who can't wait to take it to the first car cruise and wear their poodle skirts.....if I only had $25k laying around!! To your point, I rarely find other Roadmasters in my travels and wonder what happened since the production numbers were fairly high.