GREG FIELD BCA #1 (update 8/17 7:00 PM pdt)

Guest COMPACTBC

Guest COMPACTBC

On Friday 8/9, Greg Field BCA #1, was having dinner with some BCA friends from Arizona and after dinner they went to the movies where he had a very serious heart attack. According to his son, it was so serious that they took him off of life support on 8/13. As of 8/14 they also disconnected his pacemaker as he had no brain activity. Greg had never regained consciousness since he had the heart attack and was not in any pain. I talked to Greg's son, Sean, on 8/15 and his father still had a heartbeat but no brain activity. According to Sean it was just a matter of waiting till his father's heart stoped. Greg had expressed to his family that he did not want to be kept alive with machines if something like this ever happened. GREG PASSED AWAY THE MORNING OF 8/16 AROUND 9:00AM. <BR> 8/17 UPDATE: THERE WILL BE A VIEWING ON SATURDAY 8/24 FROM 9 TO 10 AM AND THEN A SHORT GRAVESIDE SERVICE STARTING AT 10:30 AT FOREST LAWN MEMORIAL PARK IN CYPRESS, CA -- IT IS LOCATED NEAR THE LINCOLN OFFRAMP OF THE 605 FRWY. THE ADDRESS IS 4471 LINCOLN. ALL ARE WELCOME AND INVITED. AFTERWARD, THE FAMILY WILL HOST A MEMORIAL CELEBRATION AT GREG'S HOME...FROM 1:30 PM 'TIL DARK -- AGAIN, ALL ARE INVITED...THE ADDRESS IS: 3577 GRANDVIEW BLVD. LOS ANGELES, CA 90066. THE HOME IS VERY NEAR THE SANTA MONICA AIRPORT AND OFF OF THE 405 FRWY. <BR> Flowers can be sent to Forest Lawn in Cypress or to the home (timed to arrive for the service or the celebration) OR in lieu of flowers -- donations should go to a special fund that has already been established in Greg's memory at the Sloan Museum. Checks should be made payable to the Sloan Museum with a SEPERATE note and on the check that the check is for the GREG FIELD (OR FALLOWFIELD) MEMORIAL FUND. The mailing address is 1221 E. Kearsley, Flint MI 48503.<BR> These funds will be directed EXCLUSIVELY toward a special permanent display which will be opened/unveiled while the BCA and associated clubs are in attendance in Flint in 2003 as part of Buick's 100 year anniversary. <BR>[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: COMPACTBC ]<P>[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: COMPACTBC ]<P>[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: COMPACTBC ]<P>[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: COMPACTBC ]<p>[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: COMPACTBC ]

Greg spent some time in my swap meet tent at Kokomo this summer And I am glad we talked as much as we did,even though he showed me his empty billfold and said I got his last dollar.I knew better.He knew everyone and they all knew him. Norb

Hi All, please wait for more info from the Buick Club on the status of Greg Field, we unfortunately have occurred some confusion on his status,although it does not sound good and we wish his family all the best and we will keep them in our prayers. The Buick Club, he started and so dearly loved, will all go out and recruit even one more member for the BCA in memory of Greg,as he will be so missed, I am thinking of a web page to commerate the things that Greg did for the Club, and it starts now. so send me,your pictures, comments, thoughts and things Greg brought to your attention, annodotes especially, I was fortunate enough to have Greg invite himself on the "After the National Tour" sponsored by the Buick Driving Enthusiasts last year(2001), that I put together, where we toured Mt Morris, NY, Letchworth State Park, the Grand Canyon of the East, Watkins Glen, and where Greg migrated to the loft of the old Buick dealership looking for deals, which he found a few that would fit in my GS400 convertible. The last leg of the tour was in Owego, NY, where I grew up! We took Greg to the grocery store, the Buick dealer, and then to my parent's home to hang out with my parents,and Zip the family's German Shepard of 15 yrs, that was let go from this world last week, we will all miss her and her Frisbees! and with Jerry Vavro (JT's aka The Old Guy's brother in law) for a few hours before the infamous after the Nationals Tour Pizza Banquet, Greg was so thrilled with the experience of folks driving their cars, he was ready to get his car out and drive it to IN this year, which he wasn't able to do, but he was so enthused with the group that he immediately joined the Buick Driving Enthusiasts, unfortunately never to again enjoy the companionship and commaradaring(spelled wrong, too big a word for this engineer) that abounds when Greg was around! We will all miss him more than he will ever know! But we need to keep his theme for the BCA alive, recruit your Buick Friends,and Greg lives forever!<BR>Amen, We love you, Greg and we will miss you, and your legacy will live on, I will guarantee! <A HREF="http://www.buickclub.org/tribute_to_bca1.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.buickclub.org/tribute_to_bca1.htm</A><p>[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: BUICK RACER ]

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

I was informed by several BCA Members that Greg did pass away in a theatre.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter

Unfortunately the info that was passed on early in the week was not correct, we have not heard any other news other than this evening,that they did pull life support today. Like I said in my post yesterday, you will hear the correct information from the Buick Club Office or from me as soon as we know for sure what has happened, this is definitely a tragic event for the BCA and needs to be handled appropriately! Thank you for your patience, and prayers. Roberta<p>[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: BUICK RACER ]

At approximately 9 AM this morning, Friday the 16th, Greg Field passed on.<P>His sons and daughter still have no concrete plans for services/ memorial, etc., so please hold off even sending cards. I hope to have an update later today as to who and where to send cards, and his family's desires for flowers or memorium.

To all BCA members wishing to send condolence cards to Greg's family, here's the details:<BR>He has two sons; Bill Fallowfield and Sean Fallowfield, and a daughter; Lisa Fallowfield Patterson. There are four grandchildren; Luke, Gregory, Melissa, and Elizabeth.<BR>Some of you may not know that Greg's birth surname was Fallowfield -- the name he used when he started the BCA. Over the years he shortened it to Field.<BR>Cards should be sent to:<BR>The Family of Greg Field<BR>at Greg's address as listed in the roster<BR>or email the Buick Club of America at buickcluboffice@aol.com<P>Further plans are still only TENTATIVE at this point, but the family thoughts are to have a funeral/burial on Sat the 24th near Anaheim, with a gathering following the service at Greg's house (address above). They plan to make further decisions tomorrow regarding flowers and/or memorial donations. This will be posted as it becomes available.<p>[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: BUICK RACER ]

To all fellow BCA members and the family of Greg Field I express my condolances to all for this loss . I met Greg at Hershey apx 1972 and I still remember it well. The BCA will keep his flame burning..James Keenan BCA # 451 Easley SC

I worked for Greg since the summer of '93. I heard many stories of his life. We worked on many of his cars. I think there are about 28 now more or less. The car part collection that is stored still amazes me. At one location where he has parts I was there shortly after the '93 earthquake and the parts were in one pile higher than my head. We spend many hours putting everything back in order. It still is a dangerous place to stand, earthquake or not. It makes me nervous to stand in that particular room. He told of numerous trips he made around the US to collect antiques, cars and car parts.<BR>His antique player piano was hauled from Pennsylvania or somewhere back east in the back of a trailer. He had cars from William Bendix, the Cadillac and the woodie from Lawrence Welk. The woodie still remains.<BR>He took me to the airport on Friday and went to the movies on Friday nite where he first had his heart problem.<BR>He will be missed. I miss him.<BR>heyjonnyb@yahoo.com

Oh I found this Board of Directors meeting picture on the website and Greg is in the front row with a white shirt holding a piece of paper looking to his right. We will be at his house on Saturday and will answer his phone at this time.