Safety Belt Material

johnsford

Does anyone know where I might find Safety belt webbing. I have searched the web sites, local fabricators, material shops, Snake Ole (sp), I have even purchased samples from a supplier on the internet. I am looking for 1950's Ford type belt material. What I would like is about .090" thick X 2" wide and WHITE in color. I am not sure of the material composition.

You may have a hard time in today's world (liability wise) to find new seat belt material. I had a hard time convincing a friend to dye my 67 GTO original ones black to freshen them up. You may have to find something close and have your original latches and fasteners sewn in though that's another liability issue. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I have thought of the liability as the buckels will have to be cut from the ones I have now and sew them onto the new material. I'll have to find someone with an industrial sewing machine. Back in 1958 when I had a 55 Ford and running the roads trying to outsmart the state troopers and local police I used to take my belts out and wash them in the bathtub with Chlorox to keep them white, I'm glad they were never needed. They probably would have fallen apart and I wouldn't be writing this e-mail.

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to Carlisle this next month (April) and maybe find something there. I also go to Hershey every fall as I have a spot there, but it's hard to get away to walk around. I do have the program from last year but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

You are most welcome. Some of the places have you send the old belts and buckles and they measure from them for the new ones. They then dismantle the old ones and "reweb" them and they have the industrial sewing machines to do the job right.

We have a Legends racecar and Bill has had his safety harness rewebbed by "Simpson".