Sign in to follow this  
johnsford

Air Cleaner Paint Color

1955 Ford v-8 2bbl carb. I am trying to find out what color or shade silver is used on the air cleaner. I was told it may be Argent Silver, what is Argent Silver? I only need enough paint to paint one air cleaner. I would like to be able to use spray can paint. Any suggestions sure would be helpful.

Argent is a medieval heraldic term for silver, and used in desribing a coat of arms such as three lions on a field argent would be three lions on a silver background. Ford used the term on silver painted bumpers. I guess just trying to be fancy. On my 75 Ford van I could have had chrome bumpers or argent. Check with them for their silver paint.

YFAM, Randy Berger

interesting that this question would come up two times in as many weeks.

thanks to ron s and oldsmaniac, we know the color is KRYLON DULL ALUMINUM 1403

Heidigirl: Thanks for your info. I'm off to the auto store. Now that I have smoothed out the small dents I can finish the job. John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Argent is a medieval heraldic term for silver</div></div>

It's also the French word for silver and money. smile.gif

all of these are derived from latin argentium for silver, which is why the chemical symbol for silver is Ag. Boy, are we a ways from air cleaners