Maiden voyage!

It's not a Buick but I can't contain my enthusiasm. I took my 65 Eldorado out for it's maiden voyage tonight after a 2 year restoration in my garage. There were many agravations along the way, and for all I know they may not be over yet but all seems well. This is what the hobby is all about to me. I did 98% of the work myself and that is what makes it so satisfying to turn the key and back it out of the garage and take the first spin in it. I am looking forward to an enjoyable weekend of cruising with the top down and showing it off. LIFE IS GOOD!

Guest my3buicks

There's nothing like that first spin after getting an old car you just purchased or just finished a restoration on. Enjoy it, and congrats! grin.gif" border="0

I have put about 70 miles on the Eldo. today and set out to go to the cruise in tonight and got about 15 miles out on the highway and the car started to lose power and surge. I figured it was the fuel filter and took it off and blew thru it and put it back on and all was well. Then it did it again in about another 15 and I repeated the procedure and all was well. I turned back and aborted the trip and went to Auto Zone and bought a new filter. As I removed the filter for the third time I realized that the filter (metal) was extremely hot due to its proximity to the motor. Then it dawned on me that this might be the cause of my problem. Is it possible that the filter is getting vapor locked? If you have any ideas or experience please let me know.

I removed the tank during the restoration and flushed it out. I probably got about 90% of all of the considerable debris. There was probably a very small amount of debris left in the tank. One other note: I drove the car around town on short trips all day and it never acted up at all until I got on the highway and had traveled about 15 miles. I am going to reroute the gas line and reposition the fuel filter tommorow to get it further away from the heat of the motor.

if its in a stock location it "should" be ok.<BR>I had a problem on my 71 Riv where their was some kind of junk in the fuel line immediately after the tank in the rubber line. I had to blow it out to find it. You may want to try that.