53 Skylark HT

I notice that the auction ends tomorrow and no one has entered a $50,000 starting bid. There is NO RESERVE on this auction, and I am amazed that there are no bidders yet. I suspect that the lack of good photos has really hampered the seller's ability to market this car on Ebay.<P>Given the lack of bids and no reserve, I tried contacting some Buick collectors in my area who might have the financial resources to acquire this unique car. Seems, though, that the guys I had in mind have all flown to Reno for Hot August Nights. Wish there was a way we could acquire this car for the Sloan Museum. The car is a spectacular, one-of-a-kind, historically-significant Buick that should be preserved and enjoyed. Would hate to see it go overseas.

I cannot believe it! There was only one bidder, and that bidder won this car for only $50,000. I saw this car at Sacramento in 1991, and it is fabulous. <P>The seller has hopefully learned a very costly lesson about Ebay. The seller's photos make all the difference. This seller had no good photos of the car. In contrast, a standard production 1958 Limited 2-door hardtop with no unique history was sold on Ebay earlier this year for $50,000. What made the difference? The seller of the Limited had links to fantastic photos that left anyone who looked at them drooling over the car.<P>I hope we learn soon who the individual is who scored on this one-of-a-kind Skylark.