Help! water in oil ?- 1960 401ci

I have water getting in oil, large amount, not head gasket, not corroded timing chain cover behind water pump, i'm just about to remove sump, pour water into rad and see how/where water is getting in. - No oil getting into water Anyone have any ideas?<P>Help/advice/comments very appreciated

Buy BARS stop leak and see if that works. It's the cheapest, least painful thing you can do. How you know it is not the head gasket?? I assume your getting no WHITE smoke so the coolent is not leaking into the combustion chamber.

I think the hole or crack whatever it is, would be too big for BARS, i've already replaced head gaskets (thinking that was the problem), when I filled rad up to test coolant system/hoses etc, the water was running out of sump plug almost as quick as I was filling rad, so the hole? if thats what it is would be quite sizable. Oh yes and I did have steam/vapour/white smoke coming from eahaust when this problem first occured.- thanks anyway, any other ideas?

Guest Shaffer

If you think the block is cracked, try using CD-2 stop leak. A few steps to it, but it is supposed to work well.

How is the compression?? If leakage is detected, pinpointing of the source of the problem can be attained only by removing the head, testing the gasket, casting and surface for leaks and repairing as needed. If no problems are found, the problem is most likely in the block.

l have not tested compression, maybe this will at least point to the problem or eliminate it, i'm going to do that right now.<P>Steve

1st cylinder RH bank is zero psi, others are all 155-160 psi, looks like this head will have to come off again to properly inspect cylinder this time.<P>Steve