1949 GMC Pickup

I am thinking of purchasing a 1949 GMC pickup. It runs and was overhauled 3 years ago. It has been in a garage since the overhaul and not driven. I know to know what would be a fair price to offer for this truck. It has some rust. I don't know how to find out what it is worth. Could someone please help me. Thank you

If it helps, we bought a 1950 3600 chevy pickup two years ago for $1800. It has 36000 original miles on it, and is all original. Since we bought it, I have spent about 1800 on it. Had to upgrade the split rims to something more user friendly, all new brakes, bearings, etc. The truck has rust only on the forward piece of the bed. Parts are readily accessible, and relatively cheap. I'm not convinced it would not be easier to buy the individual parts and start from scratch. Good luck

I have a 1946 gmc truck that was a partial frame-off restoration when I purchased it three years ago. The price paid was $5000. Since then I have completed the restoration and the truck is probably worth $12,000 to $14,000. Your truck is of the series chevy called 'advanced design' and is one of the most popular among collectors. Some people think chevys are worth a little more than gmcs, but I don't think the difference is much. A very nice '49 gmc was for sale in the car corral at Hershey last fall for something like $15,000. The amount of work, especially body work, necessary to complete the restoration is the key to the truck's current value.Look carefully at the cab corners where the cab mounts to the frame. A good source of parts is located at <A HREF="http://www.oldchevytrucks.com." TARGET=_blank>www.oldchevytrucks.com.</A>