Montoursville meeting of DF group

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi all, A number of us met today at 2:00 p.m. at the Montoursville, Pa. Annual Grand National Meet (AGNM). A partial list of those present were, ronbarn, jac, Rick Hover, Rick Lay, Boettger, chevyrif, rcirilli, Howard Scotland. D Binger was not present, this caused some discussion. A group photo was taken and will be post soon. We had an overcast day and on and off light rain. 575 cars, 250 judges, and 74 of the 92 AACA classes were represented. We also learned from ronbarn that Peter has selected a new server for the site and should have it in 2 weeks and up and running by August 15. SalG smile.gif<BR><p>[This message has been edited by SalG (edited 07-15-2000).]

I was there too but still judging (until 2:45), sorry I missed the group. <P>What I great bunch of vehicles. It was worth the effort just to be able to look at so many fine specimens.. Its hard to pick the best of the best when they already are best of the best. smile.gif<P>Chuck

Guest rcirilli

Good report, Grand Nationals are always great. This one seemed especially good, maybe because of the constant threat of a storm. I did hit a bad one driving back home after the show. Boy I'm glad you didn't write all of the things said about DB!!!!

That WAS a great show! A fantastic display of automobiles. A real sight to see.<P>Sal, your statement of DB not being there and causing some discussion is a understatement. (poor guy) <BR>I did take notes though Bob. If you want copies, let me know.<P>Chuck receives a mandatory 10 points deduction for not making the meeting. Having to judge during a car show is no excuse for not making it over to shoot the bull. (You had a tough job!)<P>Rick<P>

Had to fill up on the way home in all that rain. It started to rain as I got on I-180 and rained off and on the rest of the way home. Now I will have a weeks worth of clean up but it was worth it.<BR>Boy, what a great show Hope to get to the next east coast AGNM.<P>Later<BR>Bob

Guest rcirilli

No problem, I have it on good authority AACA will pay two, three or even ten times the going rate. Just ask!

jac, <P><BR>The National Awards team had to look at every car and pick the best post and prewar vehicles. Tough job when the best of the best are on the field.<P>Come to the Annual Meeting Banquet to see how we ended up.<P>Chuck

I too was there, a super show. I might add that I had the pleasure of chatting with Doug Drake, Exc. VP Sat. evening before the awards dinner. The motorhome I was staying at was next to his, and I wasn't staying for the dinner. It was quite refreshing to talk one on one with him and I learned a little more about AACA. I don't think mine will ever get to the Nationals, but the cars are just beautiful. A great show! And thanks for stopping over Doug, I was truly a pleasure. <P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://ez68vet.home.mindspring.com" TARGET=_blank>myhomepage&picturesofmycorvette</A>

Guest rcirilli

Looks like a nice Corvette. Never say it won't show up on the Grand National field. All it takes is an over energized afternoon.<BR>

ez,<BR>Doug Drake is one of the good guys I watch him with the young people on Sat. afternoon and he is like the pidepiper they followed him everwhere. He does a great job with the kids and deserves recognition. Keep up the good work, Doug.<P>Later,<BR>Bob<p>[This message has been edited by chevyrif (edited 07-18-2000).]