1936 lincoln zephyr

CONNIEZEPHYR

[color:\\"red\\"] Hi everybody out there--

We have just purchased a '36 lincoln 4 door complete car, all original, except

the v-12 has been replaced by a flathead V8. The car was last registered in

1964 and was bought from the original family in 1936 in Montana. Before we do anything with the car, I would like to know who has any information on this car

like how many of this model. We plan on keeping it original except the running gear which we would like to modernize. Also, we should have spare parts for sale if there is a particular website or anyone who is interested. We might have access to the original V12 which if supposedely in a truck in Montana. Any correspondence would be greatly appreciated. CONNIEZEPHYR smile.gif:):):):):):):)

Connie

Glad you're joining us. I'm sure that someone has the stats and facts on the 36. Pretty rare car. You can run any parts you have by us, most of us are always looking for something. The guys on this board are great with specific questions, so post your really tough ones and let them go to work.

Hey Connie nice car, i'm sure you will like the chrome bars inside, i have a 37

that some farm hand tried to make a pick out of it,less the engine, but the running gear is intack,surprising hardly any rust. I do have a question and would lke to know what year flat head V/8 is installed. I do have a good spare flathead ford engine and would like to install it so I can temporaely run the car for body restoration.Need to know what type motor mounts where used for that type installation? I do have a 40 Z also with only 18K on it.

Zman confused.gif

Hey Z, you can put any flathead in your Z by just welding or bolting some tabs on your frame, if you use a 49 or later engine, you will have to have a mercury or truck bell housing and clutch, the ford stuff is different, had a mildly hopped up flathead in my first '41 Connie back in the '50's, it ran real nice, but looked very small under the hood, it was nosed and had a carson top, will try to post a pic of it on here, good luck

HEY ZMAN- HAVEN'T GOT TO SURVEY THE CAR YET, AS WE ARE IN CALIF AND THE CAR

IS IN MONTANA. WE WILL BE BACK UP THERE IN APRIL AND LOOK AT IT BETTER THAN.

I KNOW WE HAVE FOUR ORIGINAL RIMS AND TWO HUBCAPS. WE SEND A POST AT THAT TIME

ALSO, THE FLATHEAD TRANS AND FRONTEND AND BRAKE PARTS. WE HAVE SOME PICS OF THE CAR AND CAN EMAIL THEM IS ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM. ALL I NEED IS YOUR EMAIL. THANKS CZ

The flathead is a 50 8RT I got it hooked up to a 40 merc transmission

so it will fit that Z transmission, The hood is off and is in good condition, but don't need to put it on until the rest of the body is welded back on. It was cut off just above the sill from the back of the front door posts,The floors are real good including the trunk floor. smile.gifMy body man is good and a good welder, but I'm sure that I'll be pestering him on every move to make sure it will be put back like it was.

The 8RT has a center front mount so a cross member will be best, and can be easily removed.

Thank for the input

zman