I let this one get away..

Smartin

About a year ago, I stumbled onto an eBay auction for a 71 Centurion convertible. Everything seemed typical of an auction for one of these cars. The only thing that hooked me in particular, as the color. Twilight Turquoise with a White convertible top. Holy smokes!!

Brian get me hooked again a few days ago by showing me this picture:

untitled.JPG

I quickly found an old email I had received when I was conversing with the owner about the car. When I originally inquired, they were asking $7500 for it. I was not in the position to spend that much, especially since I had just dumped close to that into my white convertible. A couple months pass by, and she emails me agian, dropping the price to $6500 blush.gif

Once again, I decline, hoping to save to buy a house. Well, now I have a house...so after Brian showed me this picture, I had a tinge of hope in the back of my head that she had not sold the car yet. To my dismay, she had. She sold it not too long after I had talked to her the last time. It went to a new owner in Albuquerque, NM.

So now to allow me to continue salivating over this car, I have entered it into my registry here:

1971 Twilight Turq. Centurion Convertible

This car, along with Ted's Formal Coupe will be mine...oh yes...they will be mine grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

• Like 1

Smartin,

That is a very striking color combo. It reminds me of the thread about "the most beautiful Buick." Color makes such a difference, that it's hard for me to pick a model without specifying color. No wonder GM had a whole department for it.

If it's any consolation, if this car stays in New Mexico it may be preserved for you to enjoy at some future time--unless they park it in the sun too much!

Adam, it's a spectacular Buick and I hope that somehow, someday it will find its way into your appreciative hands and the garage at your house. Stranger things have happened.

Twilight Turquoise would probably receive my vote for the most beautiful '71 Buick color. I am reminded again of a '71 Twilight Turquoise Formal Coupe with black vinyl roof and interior and the chrome-plated road wheels. The car was offered for sale by the original owner in Walla Walla, Washington back in '79. It was a loaded, low-mileage beauty that I wish I owned today.

• 11 years later...

I saw a Buick at a recent Buick Gathering, I think it was a 71 Skylark with a 3 speed on the column, and I believe it was Twilight turquoise, or maybe it was a different car at a different show, but whatever the car was, that color was stunning stunning stunning.

I think the 3-speed on the tree-250 Chevy 6 cylinder Skylark (Franklin-Boston) is the bottom picture, and here's a few other Corvairs (Detroit)  in some nice colors, and I think that '67 Cadillac (Hines Cruise Detroit) is the Twilight Turquoise one, but I forget. The GTO (Mansfield Ohio)  is a tri-power 4speed A/C car, barn found, needs a full restored. The Corvette is a restomod LS powered and the' 66 Monza 4-door Sport sedan (Brooklyn) is a factory A/C low miles car, and my friend's daughter was getting married in the picture

0820161253-1024x576.jpg

0820161429a_HDR-1024x576.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_160827_185035898.jpg

0828161454-1024x576.jpg

IMG-20160831-WA0062.jpeg

IMG-20160823-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160229-WA0030.jpeg

Edited by CORVAIRWILD (see edit history)