Deco Rides glass Zephyrs

CBoz

Per V12Bill's posting below, here is the apparent source for the reproduction Zephyr convertibles and coupes:

http://www.decorides.com/zephyr.htm

Personally, I am very thankful that they are doing this. They are good-looking streetrods, and their price should make it uneconomical to modify a nice original. The only question I have is, how big is the market for 4-foot tall drivers??? crazy.gifcool.gif

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

Trying to find a good word to say about such sacrilidge, at least there should be some V12 engines coming on the market! Perhaps axles too, maybe even Columbias!

Mike (UK)

Reading more about the history of Scrape on the Deco Rides site:

http://www.decorides.com/scrapezephyr.htm

Apparently, the Lincoln Zephyr was designed by one E. L. Gregory to compete against Chrysler's Airflow! I guess this would have been news to E.T. Gregorie, and why Lincoln would want to directly compete against a car that was already a commercial flop by 1936 is beyond me tongue.gifcool.gif

And looking down further on the page, I didn't realize one could "copyright" a car design. If so, too bad Lincoln didn't do it back in the 30s. wink.gif

Oh boy Cece, here we go again, don't really always want to be the contrarian, Dave Hugo take note, but I always thought that John Tjarda was the man who came up with rhe Zephyr, Gregorie was the Continental man, correct me if I am wrong

Hey Rolf -

Actually, we are *both* right. Tjaarda (sp?) designed the original version, but Gregorie was at Ford by then and was responsible for the final styling, changing the front-end completely (hence the similarities to the '37 Ford). I think it's fair to say that Gregorie had more of a hand in the '38 and up styling.

In any case, I think we can both agree that E.L. Gregory wasn't involved at all wink.gif