89 tc you missed..!

was looking for parts on this forum and always saw a post for a car for sale by "slyguyO"..

http://www.aaca.org/ubbthreads/showflat....amp;amp;fpart=1

asking $1k obo...i couldnt understand why with parts hard to get nobody jumped on this..i called him and bought the car sight unseen and am VERY happy with the condition!.i may take the parts off my car it needs and fix it,is is completely rust free and low miles and better shape than my old one !!.has a drivers seat with no rips,great tires,new exhaust,BOTH headlites,all docs,toolkit,i am even only the 3rd owner,..he understated the car greatly..

so i guess my question is ::..if these cars are so rare,so sought after,so hard to find parts for etc..why did i get it for only the price of a headlite ??

tho the $500 i spent for the headlite seems a bit much the rest of the car should make it worthwhile.in all honesty i have to admit he did charge $100 to deliver it..so,,am i missing something here ??.i AM new to the TC but after seeing some prices and what people are looking for,i wonder,do most NOT want a whole car laying around.??.are tested and warranteed parts more desirable for some reason??...i am wondering because it was so easy to get for what seemed so cheap,,WHAT am i missing here ??.what dont i know that everybody else does ??

thank you for saving it for me !..

ok,,so am i to assume i'm not missing something.??..was just price and shipping cost ??..i dont usually get "lucky" on anything !..should i buy lottery tickets now ?? :-) ..thank you for your input,,i guess if i can get off the car what i need ,or fix it from what i have i am still in good shape and i will be happy.

hopeing to learn more....tnx...

Check the attackment on my last post in the thead "another slap in the face". I bought this one. It's not Shelby or TC, but I have 3 already and know how to work on them. It has every option plus the ground effects that are worth the price of the car and is 800 miles closer. I still have my eye on a 16 valve TC that is 400 miles away and driveable with perfect interior.

well thanks, a least two of us are happy, im glad to have it out of my driveway and another car lover is happy. there are deals out there, but you have to be willing to get them, currently i am going to pick up a 1970 olds 442, no option car in virginia with 50000 orig miles. never been apart or in an accident. car has documentation to prove it and carfax and olds organizations have written its original. value as is is well into the 30000 plus price tag. got it for less than 2000. yup priceless history to me for cheap. you have to work for what you want and be willing to go get it. glad to see your happy ron, it was a pleasure.

hello jon !!..it was all MY pleasure to be sure..so easy to work with and such a deal..and even delivered !.your car is so nice i am thinking i will use my car as a donor to finish yours...then the spares i can part with to cover costs..of course i will have to wait till snow melts so i can see it again after the last storm !!