Do you have a Syncromesh Transmision?

BigBlue55

Hey everyone,

I own a 55 Special. It has the original fireball 264 v8, and the original synchromesh three speed manual transmision (which is shot). I've been looking for a new trany for almost a year now and have had no luck. It seems that the only tranys out there are the dynaflow automatics. Does anyone know where I could find a synchromesh trany for sale, or know of a rebuild kit I can use. I talked to a shop in my area (I'm in the tide water region of VA) and he said I would have to forget about a buick transmision. I don't want my car mix and matched, I want to keep it all Buick. If anyone has any information or knows of anyone with a tranny to sell please HELP.

thanks a lot,

BigBlue

Guest Straight eight

Try DM Vintage Automotive 2209 N. Reiman Road Genoa OH 43430 Ph 419-855-322. Dan Myers is the proprietor, and very helpful. Let the phone ring and ring. If not a used tranny he will most likely have all NOS parts for a rebuild. grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Rebuild is the way to go. It's the cases that are hard to get. Rebuild parts are available. I have a couple of big (Century) boxes. As you know, the Special box top covers are secured by 5 bolts. The Century covers have 6 bolts, plus the Century box is physically larger. Steve