36 door alignment

So I have rebuilt the doors on my 36, but they hang about an inch low on the rear side. I can't figure out a way to shim or adjust the hinges. Other than a torch and a hammer (I'm close), does any one have a clue what I should do???<BR>Thad

Is the body siting correctly on the chassis?<BR>The Buick manual give dimenisons.<BR>You may have put shims between the body and the chassis<P>Is the car standing on its 4 wheels with the engine in ?<BR>Chassis bend, and if the 800 lb engine is not installed it could be differnt.

you didnt say what body style? 4drs arer easier and dont tend to sag, but coups(like mine and may be yours)anr famous for that kind of ailment because of the length of the door and the wooden construction inside. I dont know if you stil have what is called " the stiffner rod" which is a 1/4" D. rod that goes diagonally inside the door to pull the bottom rear corner upward and inside. this rod usually gets lost in the shuffle during restoration and rebuilding. make sure that the notes given in the previous feedback are in sight. BTW, did you install a complete wood frame to your door(s)? if so, please let me know who supplied you wit hte kit, I need a kit. my email: <BR>nalmasary@yahoo.com lets talk. good luck. nalmasary@yahoo.com