"The New Phone Books Have Arrived!!!!!!!!!!"

R W Burgess

I got my copy about a week ago. I split my reading material piles between bed stand and living room chair. I usually put the new magazines on the bottom of the pile, which at times can be a few months behind. I was so impressed by a quick look I put it on top of the bed room pile and it took me 4 nights to get it read. I usually can get through an issue of Antique Automobile in one night.

Great job, but I now have the problem with a reworked AA and and reborn Special Interest Auto into Classic Auto, 2 or 3 nights of reading has stretched to a week plus, I'm getting further behind. grin.gif

Steve,

I just returned home from dinner with another AACA couple. The wife is my age [72] and the husband Judy's age [65].

Judy asked them how they liked the new magazine.

Husband --- "I thought it was great. I liked every thing about it. Great improvement over the past. I read it cover to cover." cool.gif

Wife --- "I didn't like it" shocked.gif

"What part didn't you like," I asked. confused.gif

Wife --- "Well, I haven't read it yet, but I just don't like change." crazy.gif

Really not much of a basis for criticism, now is it?

Judy then said, "Go home and read it and then tell me next week what you think about it."

I wonder if this applies to some of the other negative comments one may hear. confused.gif Is it the new magazine they don't like or is it <span style="font-weight: bold">CHANGE</span> they dislike. confused.gif My money is on the latter. smile.gif

Thanks Howard, yes I realize change is very difficult for some people. It is hard for me to understand, especially when we are trying to make things better. We will try and win them over!

The calls and emails have been incredible except for 3 people and I think I know why in each case. Sandy King, West and myself have been fielding lengthy calls with people just "stoked" about the change. I had a radio personality keep me on the line for over 30 minutes while he was doing a show, he was so excited! The people who have expressed that they like the change have been really "over the top" in their praise.

I think it was Howard that warned us that some people's legs might get cold! cheeky-smiley-031.gif

You can't please everyone. Some people liked "New Coke"! The best that can be done is to get an overall positive response. On that count I'd call this one overwhelming. If there's a better club magazine out there for this price I'd sure like to see it! smile.gif

I have seen a lot of changes in my life and I have fought every darn one! But this is a good one and congratulations on a nice magazine now that I have finally received it. Am I the last one in the adjacent 48 to get the magazine? It arrived 2-4. Friends in LA got theirs on 1-31 or 2-1. Of course I escaped from LA and moved to MS for an easier life. Also apparently much slower. This week it took four days for a first class letter to go 100 miles to Baton Rouge.

Dear Dave,I agree this is a VERY nice magazine,now as for something comparable....The Early Ford V-8 Clubs,V-8 Times and the Lincoln Zephyr Clubs,The Way of The Zephyr have been OUTSTANDING publications for a LONG time.Due in part to Mr.Dave Cole.I can send you a copy of each if you would like.diz laugh.gifsmile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the last one in the adjacent 48 to get the magazine? It arrived 2-4. Friends in LA got theirs on 1-31 or 2-1. </div></div>

CharlieF, No you're not the last. My Dad, five blocks away got his on 1/25. I'm still waiting. crazy.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Guest imported_Brenda Shore

I believe that I may take the record. My husband and I received our AACA magazine yesterday - yes, 2/7/2005 - both copies arrived. Glad I didn't have any specific reason to need the magazine other than waiting to see what all the fuss is about. We love it!

Brenda

Guest imported_Brenda Shore

Novaman - they must not like us in North Carolina - at least I could tell that we have that in common so maybe there is something to it!

Hang in there - it really is worth the wait.

Brenda

Brenda, I know what it is like and it's excellent. cool.gif I saw my Dad's two weeks ago when his was delivered 5 blocks from here. frown.gif Maybe I should have relly sat down a read Dad's when I had it so I could do an article on it for my newsletter. Nah, didn't want one of the articles in the next issue to read "Blood Shed Over Newly Formatted AA Magazine." smirk.gif

I didn't defected to the south! I simply corrected an error on God's part and placed myself on the correct side of the line. grin.gif

Besides, bet you didn't drive home from work or to work in the afternoon with the windows down!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Boy, it was refreshing being able to!! grin.gif

alright there smarty... smirk.gif

As for your comment "....anyone can drive with the windows down, but you didn't say that it had to be warm" The is true. I've been known to drive the Jeep I had in December, 20° weather, no top, heater on. As well as 90°+ day, no top, and the A/C on. grin.gif (at least I could keep cool cool.gif at the trffic lights cool.gif)

No, I haven't gotten the magazine yet. There is a replacement on it's way. Watch, a week after the replacement gets here, the other one will show up.

Aww come on David!! I didn't even crack any jokes about Wayne County!! After growing up in Wayne County, I know why you moved to North Carolina ........FEWER REDNECKS grin.gifgrin.gif

Right now with the windchill, it is about zero. ....and the letter "o" in zero stands for "O my god It's too cold" grin.gifgrin.gif

Keep us posted on when you get your magazine. I think you'll probably break the record on this one.