Sign in to follow this  
BornTooLate

looking for info on 1948 Mustang

I'm going through my fathers papers (finally - he died in 1997) and found this order form-advert. I have no idea why he had it except we had friends in Seattle. post-91954-143141796411_thumb.jpg

post-91954-143141796392_thumb.jpg

the people at Ford might not have known as it appears to nave been a very small number of cars made and most likely none made it out of Washington state let alone all the way to Michigan

Even so, the name should have been registered with the trademark - copyright office and/or patent office too. Ford legal and research teams are supposed to be on top of these things.

My husband's grandfather owned this company and built this mustang, we have the blueprints, advertisements, stock certificates, pictures, etc. Not a lot of stuff, but some pretty interesting reading if anyone is interested. We have been looking for one of these cars that might have survived, I believe that he only made 12 of them. If anyone has anymore information on where one might be we would be very interested.

Since you only have one post I am hoping you still read this thread. Yes, could you post some pictures of the car's workings? I would be interested in knowing if it had a separate frame (chassis) and what it looked like? Thanks for the offer!

Since you only have one post I am hoping you still read this thread. Yes, could you post some pictures of the car's workings? I would be interested in knowing if it had a separate frame (chassis) and what it looked like? Thanks for the offer!

Hi, Below is a link to most of the paperwork and pictures that I have, you are more than welcome to look at it. I put it up on a sky drive because the files are to big to try and email. Enjoy.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2FFEDE1ABA6D05E3!288&authkey=!AP9y6bK1GsxewUA

My step-father was a limited partner in the Mustang in 1948 in Seattle. I have two photos of one of the prototypes parked in front of our home in Seattle. I rode in this car and as a 7 year old was very impressed. It was quite roomy. The front seats could swivel around to face rearward.

Looks like a re-incarnation of the Scarab.

Or the inspiration for the 1959 Fiat 600 Multipla.

must5.jpg

Stop by and visit the brand new TheOldMotor.com and enter The 1948 Mustang in the search box to view an article filled with photos and information about the interesting car.