Underside of car color

Bill Stoneberg

Hi Bill<BR>If it is like my 55's it is just red primer and overspray with some undercoating on some seams especially where the vertical inner rockers are spot welded to the floor. You will not lose BCA judging points for 'over-restoration' if you decide on black or body color...just use a paint more durable than primer for easy cleaning.<BR>Willie

I do not know if they painted them or not, but the bodies were made by either the Ionia Body Co. or Mitchell- Bentley Corp , and they shipped them to buick,so they may have given them some extra protection. <BR> <BR>I know this doesn't answer the question, but it will give you some "ammo" if you decide to paint it. It would be difficult for a judge to disprove what you did. <P>Are you coming to Kokomo this year Bill?? You were parked right across from me last year in NY, and I didn't know it until too <BR>late. <P>Joe Taubitz <BR> BCA 1308<P>PS I had the Sequoia Cream 40 Super convert

Thanks for the info, I think I will go with color of the car. It will show off the black frame better.<P>Joe, I would have liked to have met you last year but I was not parked across from you. I didn't have a car there. Unfortunatly I will not be in Kokomo this year as I have just (today) started a new job within my company. I need to get my feet in the door so vacation will be put off for a while. Maybe we can set up a meeting in Flint next year for all of us who are on the board.

The 2003 meet in Flint will have a time posted on the bulletin board where and when the DF members will meet. I will see that it happens ,as I am in the Buicktown Chapter, which is hosting the meet. I had a couple of station wagons parked near me last year ,so I assumed one of them was yours. That is what I get for assuming. <BR> C-YA next year <BR> Joe T smile.gif" border="0