Desperate for Paint Help

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. My boyfriend and I are restoring a 1956 Buick Century 2 door hardtop. The engine paint appears to be turquoise, however Buick Parts says it's Apple Green...it's very turquoise, and all of this is original. I know the entire history of this car. Only one owner, stored for 21 years, only 50K miles on it....do you know what the engine colors were? Could you please help me? Also, do you know anything about body color paint? I looked on this one page, and the closest would be a Tahiti Coral, however that looks very orange. This is very pink...the men back in the 50's called it "titty" pink. Do you know if there was another pink out there? I'd appreciate any help you could provide or pointing me to a person that can help...thank you.<P>Sasala

RE. engine paint. time, grease, and the chemicals in engine degreaseres can alter the color of the paint.<BR> <BR>as far a the body colors, the best way to compare colors is by using a color chip out of a paint book..anything else will be off. don't forget to polish the paint on the car (or use a door jamb) before comparing colors<BR>Bill

One of the Buick site has the various colors named and pictured for most years--you can find it---try Buick Bombsight first---it has links.

Hi S,<BR> Yes the correct engine color is the green it does appear bluish after a few years on an engine.<BR> From my 56 Paint chips: possiblities<BR> Tahiit Coral Dupont duco 2256-H<BR> Apricot Duco 2417-H<BR> Bitter sweet duco 2418-H.<BR> Now look on your cowl tag codes for those colors are N= tahiti<BR> U= Apricot<BR> T= Bitter Sweet<BR> You will see something like 56-NNN the first letter is the upper color;second is center; third is below moulding. so say 56-ANN would be white upper and the rest of the car tahiti.<BR> If those codes are not it post your firewall tag letters and I'll give you correct colors.<BR> Good luck

ooo! Youre just who Im lookin for!!! My mom has a 98 Century, and just the other day I was thinking...does this car really have anything in common with the Centurys from the 50s? And I said "no". I need you to tell me if there are any similarities between the two.

Dear Scott, you really helped us alot. The color code is CNC....so the pink is Tahiti Coral..Is C just for plain white? Thank you again so much for your help!<P>Sasala

Guest COMPACTBC

Dover White PPG code = 8030<BR>Tahiti Coral PPG code = 70679<BR>This will help you get the correct colors mixed at the paint store. rolleyes.gif" border="0