Hardtop Headliner Color

1of150

What color is your hardtop and what color is the headliner???

Our 91 is White/Black/Black/V6/49state but has a GINGER HEADLINER in the HardTop

I am the second owner and have known the original owner for 20 years and he claims it is the original top that came with the car. Shouldn't it have been Black to match the rest of the interior???

ALSO, when did the hardtop go from SIX Locking points to ONLY FOUR???

REMEMBER-If you don't ask - You may never know the answer!!!!

Our TC is an early '89 (Feb build date). The hardtop is red with tan headlining, not really the same color as the ginger interior. There are four manual lock points; the two front hooks and two turn-studs just behind the window; and the two pull-down pins at the rear. A pic showing the inside of the top sitting behind the car is attached.

Your headliner is correct. The bordeaux interiors got the same color headliner - all ginger and black interiors have a tan (not ginger) headliner. I have "new in box" tops from the factory with the tan headliners. Your car has probably not been modified....

Larry

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know even MORE information...............

Gad, I might be getting dangerous with so much info!!!

Yes, the headliner color is Tan (I thought Ginger and Tan were the same color) and NOW we all know there was a top change for 1991 cars.

Now I guess we will have to decipher WHEN that SIX to FOUR lock change took place!!

THANKS TO ALL!!

The top changes happened in the mid 1990 model year. I have 1990's with both types of tops. This change happened around the same time the seat changes occurred from the piped to the non-piped style, although I have seen side handled tops with non-ribbed seats and non-side handled with ribbed seats. The side handled tops can fit on the newer models if the clip pegs are removed. This may impact the safety of the top and I have only done it to transport cars.