Weatherstrip Needed !!

justfish89

Several months ago I posted a "NEED" for weatherstripping for the "Roof Rail" of my '90 Reatta Convertible but none was found ! I still need the two piece weatherstripping that goes above the left (Driver's Side) door glass . Can anyone give me ANY HELP in locating these two much needed items ?

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Danny,

why do you need the weatherstrips? are they damaged? if leakage is the problem, your most likely problem is needing a new top. if you can see the weatherstrips above the door glass when the top is up, the top needs replacement.

the top shrinks drastically over time. they also shrink in the back, giving the "flood pants" look over the deck.

the tops we sell are one inch larger in every dimension. when the top is installed, the weatherstrips will not be visible. the weatherstrips were designed as a secondary line of defense for water, not a primary one. in the back, the top will also reach down and touch the tonneau cover when the top is up.

the company we use also sews two rows of stitches around the rear glass in addition to laminating the glass to the top. the stitching helps to stabilize the glass in the top, and this eliminates the glass delaminating which is so common on the factory tops.

I am not really here to sell tops, but we get about ten requests every week about weatherstrips and leakage, and every one has been cured with a new top. new weatherstrips will really not make any difference.

Mike

Mike , Leakage is not my problem ! My weatherstrips are very worn with large pieces missing in the area where the two pieces meet . My top is only about 5 years old and the car is very seldom driven in the rain . While it has "shrunk" very little , it still covers the weatherstrip and the only time I have any leakage is when I spray water directly in that area when washing the car . Thanks for the reply and I'll keep you in mind when I need a top .

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif