did i get a good deal

tbird05

hello everyone well i just bought a 1962 t bird all original 1 owner the owner original owner died and his wife locked the car up in a garage for 12 years everything works all power with leather no rust and i payed 2000.00 for it i love the car but i dont really know anything about the t bird can anyone give me some insight on it thank you

Welcome to the forum. You will like it here. Lots of nice folks.

Sounds like you got a deal like we did. Same thing, owner died and wife locked it up in the garage. I hope you have many years to enjoy the new "Bird". And since I usually judge in the '62-'63 class, maybe I will get a chance to see it someday on the showfield. Good luck with it.

If you would like information about how the AACA judges the cars let me know and I will send you a copy of a blank judging form and the pages from the rule book. All very informative.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the forum. You will like it here. Lots of nice folks.

Sounds like you got a deal like we did. Same thing, owner died and wife locked it up in the garage. I hope you have many years to enjoy the new "Bird". And since I usually judge in the '62-'63 class, maybe I will get a chance to see it someday on the showfield. Good luck with it.

If you would like information about how the AACA judges the cars let me know and I will send you a copy of a blank judging form and the pages from the rule book. All very informative. </div></div>

Hey, I would be interested also in the same kind of info! You can email me at mikajaakkola1979(at)yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Guest boettger

The current Judging manual is available on-line on this web site.

Here's the Link. YOu can also get there by selecting Judging on the left-hand menu of the www.aaca.org screen.

AACA Judging Manual in pdf form.

P.S. The best way to learn about judging and how to show your car is to become a judge. Attend a Judging School at any AACA National Meet or at the Annual AACA Meeting in Phila in February.

If it didn't come with the original paper work , go back for it. Many people don't give things like the original bill of sale, window sticker, work receipts, or owner's manual when they sell a car. The last car I bought was a similar story to yours. The owner was going to throw the paperwork away, not understanding why I would be interested. It adds a lot to the history.

Hello Tbird, sounds like a great deal to me. I think these cars are beautiful, one of the most dramatic styled old cars of all, inside and out. I would say if you can spruce it up and enjoy it without a complete restoration that would be best, especially if this is your first/only old car. These cars trim and electrics are very complex and a total restoration would be way too expensive to justify, in my opinion. Note the AACA is the foremost club in the old car world, but it would be a good idea to also look for a club specific to these Thunderbirds, where they have people with specific knowledge about them for reference. Use the forum here though, lots of knowledge floating around. Good luck and enjoy, Todd C