flat head intake 2 duces?? Please id.

ratchetmaster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like a Ford flathead intake. </div></div>

Definitely not a Ford product, as Ford only offered single 2-bbl carbs on Flathead V8's from 34-48 at least. As for ID'ing it, the only brand identification is the "AA Custom AA" cast into it. It does look rather modern-made though.

Art

This is TOTALLY a manifold for a flathead Ford/Merc and Stromberg carbs! I've got a 1953 book"How to Hop Up Ford & Mercury V8 Engines written by the legendary Roger Huntington and it has several pics of aftermarket manifolds in it. There were many makers- Offenhauser, Navarro, Tornado and more back then.

• 2 weeks later...

The intake in the pictures is off a Ford Flathead engine. I am not sure what year. I have a 1953 Mercury Flathead and everything looks the same except for the fuel pump flange(large hole at the rear of intake). My flange has the two bolt holes going straight across the intake, yours are on about a 45 deg angle to the length of the intake. I would be interested in buying this intake if you want to sell it.