Garage Temperature Monitor

18OLDS

I hope that a question concering my garage will qualify under this TECH section.Does anyone know of a temperature monitoring device that will relate the current temperature from a telephone request. On a below zero morning here in New Hampshire , I would like to be able to telephone the garage and be sure that the heat is on----too far to walk in the snow and cold some days--I guess I'm getting ooooold. THanks-------------

Sky

Thanks for the comment---I'm aware of a monitor that will dial you if the temperature falls below a set level. This is great if you at the number all the time --it would be nice to call in when visiting the grand kids or stuck in the snow !!!!!!!!!! Sky

For those that can see their shop from the house I found a low tech solution. The hardware sells a plug block that you can plug a light in and if the temperature falls to 35 degrees it turns on the power. It shuts off at 45 degrees. Cost $18 plus a light to plug into it by a window. It's main use is for turning on a heat light or heat tape.

Most discount stores (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc) sell an indoor-outdoor wireless thermometer. The sending unit for the outdoor temperature could be mounted in the garage and (as long as the battery lasted, mine runs for about 6 months) you could constantly monitor the garage temperature. As I recall mine had a range of up to 100' (depending on how direct a line of sight for broadcast exists between the units). They cost less than $20.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions------The above mentioned site with the dial in function will serve my purposes-----The info is greatly appreciated---What a great group that will help us all----Many thanks to the AACA and their volunteer group------My thanks to Steve for doing a great job---

HAPPY NEW YEAR-----Be safe-----------SKY