QUADRAJET REPAIR

I GUESS AFTER 32 YRS SOMETHING HAS TO WEAR OUT. <BR> CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A CARB SHOP IN THE NY CITY AREA THAT WILL REPAIR THE FUEL INLET THREADS ON MY '69 ROCHESTER QUADRAJET? THANKS,BCA#25045.

There are a couple of "fix kits" out for that situation. I believe one was from AC-Delco that used a slightly oversize nut to cut new threads in the carb body. I believe that Tomco also has a similar item.<P>The other kit uses a new filter insert into the carb body that seals with a pair of large o-rings. I suspect that Tomco also makes something of that nature too. <P>Neither of these items will require disassembly of the carb to make them work.<P>I might recommend you find a well established auto supply or AC-Delco supplier that still knows what a Q-Jet is and what you're trying to do. I suspect the repair kits will be listed in the back of the carb catalog. Going to the mass market chain stores might be an exercise in futillity.<P>I believe that Tomco has a website (maybe <A HREF="http://www.tomco.com?)" TARGET=_blank>www.tomco.com?)</A> which might have some information on this repair.<P>The oversize nut would be the least conspicuous of the options, if that is a concern.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I INSTALLED THE NEW FILTER HOUSING TODAY. <BR> I THREAD IT IN, THEN REMOVED IT TO TAKE OUT THE SHAVINGS,RE-INSTALLED. NO LEAKS!!<BR> I'M RE-LOCATING THE FILTER ALONG THE CHASSIS. BCA#25045