Help! Wiring Harness needed for '39 Special !

Guest De Soto Frank

Guest De Soto Frank

Hi! I'm back again trying to help a friend w/ a '39 Buick Special.<P>Last time I posted here, we were seeking a cylinder head and from the responses, my buddy found a head and got his car going again, until the wiring harness caught fire, that is... mad.gif" border="0 <P>The car's OK, but my buddy wants the replace the wiring now, so...<P>Does anyone have leads on where to obtain a quality wiring harness for :<BR>1939 Buick Special, 4-dr Sedan?<P>Once again, thanks for your help!

Guest Teamsterdug

For quality and craftsmanship I recommend Rhode Island Wiring Service, Inc.<BR>P.O. Box 3737<BR>Peace Dale, Rhode Island 02883<BR>phone: 401-789-1955<BR> info@riwire.com<p>[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: Teamsternip ]

I echo what Teamsternip has to say. Rhode Island does a great job (I did a '40 Packard eons ago). They provide a very original looking harness with all the right connectors. The only problem I had was that the engine harness was short. I had to run it differently than the factory intended. Should I be in the market for one again I would ask them not to finish the ends in case it was too short.