Help installing Remote Mirror

surfkurf

Hello All,<BR>I bought dual remote mirrors to replace the driver only manual mirror on my 72 Sky. Any advice on the placement and mounting of the remote on the door panel? <P>Also, it looks like the remote cable on the RH mirror is much longer. Should this be mounted on the dash somewhere instead? Any advice on drilling the hole on the outside for the new RH mirror?<P>Thanks!<BR>Joe<BR> confused.gif" border="0

I have a '71 with remote driver mirror, no passenger mirror tho. I'll see if the body manual has any photos, if so I'll scan them and post access. Way to late tonight.. :-)<P>Scott

Thanks for the reply! :-)<BR>You think that was late, I was working on those crazy mirrors until 4 am. Feeling it today.<P>That would really be great. I can't find any Pic on where and how to mount the Bezel inside. Does it screw into the door panel and metal of the door, or just the door panel. Where do you route the cable so it doesn't interfer with the window when rolling it down. On the RH side, why is the cable longer? Does it mount to the dash somewhere instead? <P>Plenty of unanswered questions. Anything you find would be greatly appreciated.<BR>Thanks!<BR>Joe

I took a closer look at the LH remote mirror and the cable is long enought reach the steering wheel and the adjuster knob is straight instead of angled. So, I'm assuming that the remote should be mounted by the driver. I hope someone has this setup out there to confirm.....<BR>Thanks!

I;m not sure the RH remote was available on a Skylark. I've never seen one...that doesn't mean anything, though. Can anyone verify availablity of this option? That may explain the difficulty in finding a place to mount the control...

The 70-72 Skylark sport mirrors had remote control on the driver's side only. Buick used the mirrors from a Camaro with different mounting gaskets. That means there is no factory provision for a right side remote knob. Just mount the knob somewhere on the dash so that you can reach it when you are seated as you would be when driving your car. Then the adjustment will be correct.

Thanks for the Info. Just wondering... I have the Chrome mirrors, not the Bullet type sport mirrors. Did they possibly make a Chrome RH remote mirror? <P>I'm thinking I can mount the remote in the panel under the Convertible switch. This way I'm not doing too much damage. Any ideas on how to mount the controls? The original bezel that usually goes on the door is angled. I would need a straight one.<BR>Thanks again everyone!<BR>Joe

before you drill the door have someone hold the mirror where you intend to install and check the view path to make sure it works... you may have to move it forward more than the drivers side a little???? Todd