Help identifying a few cars please...

rarivetti

Gentlemen,

I was out scouting for old chevy's today and came across some other cars that I need help identifying. Not sure if they are worthless or not but just wanted to double check since I can probably pick them up for next to nothing. Please view the attached pics, thanks!

This is car #1

Guest imported_PackardV8

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything like that but seriously, u do not know what car 4 and 5 are?????? I kope u r under 40 years old. That mite explain it. car 4 is a Corvair Lakewood probably 1960 or 61. Car 5 is either a Ford maveric or Mercury Comet circa 1971-1977. 2 and 3 are Kaisers (Frazier).

Sorry guys yes I am a newb I am 28 years old and just recently got into old cars. Thanks a lot for your help and replies. I hope that I am allowed to post questions like this here, if not please let me know. Cars are located 30 miles north of Los Angeles.

-Rick

Yes! South of there though up against the mountains before you get to mt. high. So, nobody can take a shot at #1 huh? I'm thinking early 30's ford truck but the picture is poor so I dont know if you guys will be able to tell. I will be out all this week scavenging the desert and taking pictures so be prepared for more pics!! Does anyone know of a book I can buy that will help me identify cars while on the road? Something that has all makes/models from the 20th century along with their values? I would like to be able to identify cars that I am not able to walk up to. If anyone knows of such a thing, please let me know, thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest sixpack2639

Best guess for pic #1 is early 30's Model A pickup. Hard to tell from your pic but it definitly is not a chevy as the roof corners are too rounded for chevy. Need pic of front to make definite ID. Carl

• 3 months later...

Scour the used book sites like Abebooks, Alibris or even Amazon for anything like an automotive encyclopedia of the first half century. I found very handy the Consumer Guide's ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN CARS 1930-1980 (1984) Beekman House NYC. As I am mostly interested in Classics (post 1925) this is a good resource. Old Floyd Clymer books (Clymer and Bonanza) are of some use IDing antiques. These and other publishers must have printed tens of thousands of similar encyclopedias. The STANDARD CATALOG series of softback references of important American marques (Krause Publications) is very useful. Don't forget the google at your fingertips...

Bill C in TN