dodge

Am Buick Club of America and Riviera Owners Association member (l967 Riviera 22K) but my daughter is looking for her FIRST car and is smitten with the Dodge Stratus. Her pick has narrowed to a 1995 2.4. Now I've heard all kinds of rumors about head gaskets etc. etc.!After floating through a Dodge "cloud" web site, I decided to come home and ask Buick people for ANY info. Should she buy the Stratus??????

I would stay away from a used Dodge. I had a new 1996 Intrepid and it was a problem pit. I had an extended warrenty to cover all of its mechanical ills and they were many and major in form! <P>Dodge is ok (at best) if new and under warranty for general work horse duty - BUT A DODGE IS ONLY A DODGE!

Thanks Skylarknut, your contribution is much appreciated. Would you believe, I offered both my children my 1998 Buick Lesabre and they both preferred purchasing another vehicle rather than be seen in a Lesabre.

Dodge makes good trucks. Dodge also made a great slant 6 motor. I own a 2001 Dakota and rack up 20K miles per year. I will always own a Dodge truck. I've never had a problem. I always keep up with the service at my dealer. My wife owns a Chrysler. We are a MOPAR family. My truck has whatever the metric conversion is for 318. All of this said I would probably never buy a used Stratus. Although it is a fairly spiffy ride, they can be a mechanical hell. If she is bent on a Stratus, she might want to consider a new one. (just a thought) The sticker isn't outragous and the warrentee is 7/100 powertrain. Dodge also warrents the sheetmetal. The interest rates aren't bad either.