Car Inspection Service

Does anybody know of a good reasonably priced nationwide inspection service? One that would check out a car for you. I see some in YAHOO for $350 and that is quite a bit. Thanks

I would be very careful about those national services. I hired one to look at a car down south. Inspection report came back better than described by seller - no rust, no smoke, everything worked. When car arrived, it had a ton of rust, bad floors, no brakes, no tranny, would not start, etc. I am an attorney, so I made a claim on their insurance and got paid out. Turns out these national comapies just hire locals to do these inspections, with no certificate, experience, etc. Find a restoration shop in the area and pay one of them to look at a car.<P>Good luck

Thanks for the input. I noticed that at least one had some affiliation with a transport company. Seems like a conflict of interest to me, say the car is OK and make a few more bucks off the transport. I'm sure there are very reputable ones also.

You might post a request on this board for someone to inspect the car.<BR>I had someone check out a car I was looking to buy and in turn I did it for soomeone else.<BR>Granted, we didn't get into the mechanicals deeply, but at least I could tell them it ran and burned oil. Also the body condition.<BR>I put together a check list for what I was looking for in my car.<BR>Just an idea.

I agree with Bill Stoneberg. I have looked a cars before for other people (informally, no charge), and I have asked others to look at one for me. If you are a member of the Buick Club, get out your roster and see if you can find a member near where the car is located, or call the Chapter director from that area and they can usually suggest someone.<P>Pete Phillips<BR>Ector, Texas<BR>BCA #7338