Buick on Lexus commercial

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

Has anyone seen the Lexus commercial with a classic early 50s Buick Skylark in it? It is often shown on "The Weather Channel". The owner hears a storm is coming, goes out, takes the cover off of the $100K+ Skylark and covers the new $35K Lexus. I like Lexus and Buick, but I think I would leave the Buick covered, or better yet, put it in the garage in front of it. rolleyes.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

As bad as I hate to admit it, most Japanese advertising leaves the Americans in the dust. The "Nissan. Driven." campaign was one of the best I ever saw. The commercials made you want to go kick tires or even buy the car! which is a quality I find sorely lacking in American and especially GM advertising.<P>But ya gotta remember- a Lexus is just a car. Transportation, albeit upscale. Nothing special about it for 30 years down the road.<P>Dang, they said the same thing about 57 Chevys 45 years ago. tongue.gif" border="0

Interesting. I wonder if Lexus is trying to capture Buick buyers, or if Lexus is trying get some of the historic Buick image rubbed off as part of the ad campaign. Now that I think of it, Lexux is sort of like a modern day Buick (in my mind at least), in terms of how it fits into the overall market.

Interesting. I wonder if Lexus is trying to capture Buick buyers, or if Lexus is trying get some of the historic Buick image rubbed off as part of the ad campaign. Now that I think of it, Lexux is sort of like a modern day Buick (in my mind at least), in terms of how it fits into the overall market.

the way i see it described i think the commerical is just saying 'you'll cherish your lexus more than your babied classic car'.<P>no real relation to buick, the same point would be brought, and likely much better, with a bel-air, ford coupe, ect.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Having spent 8 years in the emergency road service industry as both an Employee & Road service proprietor I can confidently say ....You couldnt GIVE me a Lexus. They are the most over priced , Image inflated , poor running examples of Japanese automobiles that have ever hit the planet.You always hear about the U.S. auto manufacturers lack of quality control, well let me tell you , Lexus roadside service kept me in business. Trannys blew with regularity , I flatbedded (because they couldnt handle being towed , it put too much stress on the poorly constructed suspension systems) an SC300 that blew a transmission on the way home from the showroom floor !!!!.Their Junk , I know there are gonna be those who will get on here and tell me that Im wrong but hey I have the towing records to back it up !If it was me in the commercial, Id garage the Skylark , take the cover and put it on my rusted out 88 Cavalier, and stick a "FOR SALE" sign in the Lexus before it cost me any money<P>Dan