CLASSIC AUTO JUNK YARDS IN CALIF.

Mr Riviera

I need a small emissions part that came on Calif. cars only in 1961 and perhaps 62. I will be going North On IS 5 next month and I am looking for some good yards along the way that may have 61 Invicta or Electra parts. I will be going all the way from San Diego to Oregon so if you know of some good yards please email me with the info. Dick at rivsrus1@cox.net Thank you!

There are two good ones in the Fresno area, which would take you on a detour off Interstate 5 and onto the 99, which is not far out of your way:<P>One is Turners Auto Wrecking, on the south side of Fresno, a bit expensive, but great stuff. 209-237-9239. They do all their own pulling.<P>Another is Romo Auto Wrecking, on the north end of town, well-picked over but better prices. 209-275-4823. Romo will let you pull if he likes you.<P>More out of your way, but a fun stop is Pearsons Auto Salvage, home of the famous (or at least well-advertised) Hubcap Annie. She makes the trip worh the while. The place is right on Highway 395, a little north of Ridgecrest. To get there you would have to take Interstate 15 north from San Diego to 395 and continue north. The place is hotter than hell, so be prepared for a desert experience - a big hat and lots of water. The good news is they will pull the part for you.<P>Happy trails,<P>Fr. Doug Cook

Guest COMPACTBC

Hi Dick, what smog part do you need? The only California smog part that is on my '62 Le Sabre and Skylark is a PVC valve. rolleyes.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...