Narrow internal coil spring compressor needed

John Frank

Does anyone know of a source for a internal coil spring compressor with a arms stowed width of 2 inches or less? I need one to deal with the front coil springs on the 64 LeSabre I am restoring. Mine is just over 2 1\8 inches and that won't quite get it.<P>I now understand why so many of the lower control arms I see from early 60s Buicks have air chisel marks on them in the area of the shock mounting hole.

Guest nailswede

I helped a friend with a electra 64 with one like that just a month ago..little problem to get it out of the coil when assembled but it did the work fine..little scary to work with coils frown.gif" border="0

I'm not sure what your compressor looks like or what your up against but I was wondering if you couldnt make two new arms out of steel stock that would work on your center bolt? I made a simple thing years ago using a long 5/8ths telephone pole bolt. Please remember I dont now what your up against.

Guest nailswede

do you have problem to put it thru the lower control arm?..if you reassemble the compressor and put the arms thru the hole and then put compressor together inside the coil..or something like that shocked.gif" border="0