Jump to content

need of a motor mount pad for a 1964 Skylark with a 300 V8


Recommended Posts

Do you need the rubber part of the mount that bolts to the block, or the metal stand that bolts to the frame with 3 bolts? The '64 is unique to '64--the mount on the engine and the stand on the frame are different than the '65-'67 and they are no longer avialable. The trick is convert it over with the mount stands off of a '65-'67 frame and then you can go buy a brand new set of mounts for a '65-'67 and put them on your engine. The '64 mounts are smaller--less surface area where the rubber is bonded to the metal, and that is why they fail and break. I converted my '64 over when I restored it. If you need the metal stand off of the frame, I have the ones that came off of my '64.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the metal piece called the motor mount tower that I need.

(Found out the proper name today)

I just need the left one. What would you need for it, or the pair?

Where are you located, how soon could you get the package off to me?

I would consider what you did.

Are the towers from a '65 hard to find? Do they bolt on at the same location?

What exactly is involved?


Tony Hansen cool.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...