69 'Lark--245/45-17?

Will 245/45-17's fit? How about 235/45-17's? I asked on another board and got no reply. Any info would really be appreciated. Thanks.

It all depends on the total height and the backspacing of the rims. You will have to measure to be sure. CarCraft did an article on wheel and tire sizes a few years ago, you might ask around their site. I know they fitted a Chevelle.

You can do a quick height calculation(remember listed sizes are approximate) - diameter of wheel(17") plus twice the sidewall width. 235/45, for example, means that the sidewall will be .45 times the tread width of 235 mm.

I am surprised that you didn't get a reply on <A HREF="http://www.v8buick.com," TARGET=_blank>www.v8buick.com,</A> but I suspect the reason is that most Buick performance folks use 15" wheels, and your 17" idea is one they haven't tried. <P>One other avenue - joining the Buick Performance email list on groups.yahoo.com. A lot of good hard core Buick racers there.

Thanks for the replies. I'm betting at least 235/45-17's will fit, but I'd like a little more sidewall for improved ride quality. I'll see what I can find out. I just need to remember how to measure.