Sign in to follow this  
ThomasBorchers

1912 Buick Shop Manuals

Hi DFers.<BR>Where could I get a shop manual for our 1912 Buick Model 34 Roadster. We come now to a point during the restoration where we ask us how to fix something like the connection rods to the carb and so on. We need some pics from the engine room so that we can see where we have to attach the rods, and some other things.<BR>Thanks in advance.<P>Tom<P> <BR><P>------------------<BR>Thomas Borchers<BR>Member of AACA # 004829<BR>HCCA and MAFCA

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThomasBorchers:<BR><B>Hi DFers.<BR>Where could I get a shop manual for our 1912 Buick Model 34 Roadster. We come now to a point during the restoration where we ask us how to fix something like the connection rods to the carb and so on. We need some pics from the engine room so that we can see where we have to attach the rods, and some other things.<BR>Thanks in advance.<P>Tom<BR>you will have to find a manual titled "dykes".the manufactures did not have manuals printed back then.good luck!!! <P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>

Robert is correct. A couple of years ago, he did the major amount of the restoration on my 1912 Model 34 Buick which has been in my family since 1953. Either he or I may be able to help you. Robert did an EXCELLENT job. After restoration, the car got it's AACA Senior Badge, which I'm rather proud of. The car wasn't a pretty sight before the re-restoration. My Dad figured that bailing wire was an acceptable substitute for most anything. Strips of metal from beer cans made for excellent shims in any worn out surface. If duct tape had been available in the 1950's life with an old car would have been a lot easier. Back then, they just drove them!<P>I do have an original owners manual for my Buick, which I could copy for you when I can find a little time. It won't tell you how to restore the car however. Actually a Dykes manual is about as good as it gets on this stuff. It will guide you through the mysteries of the Schebler carburator, etc. <P>There are very few Model 34's around. I know of two, maybe three in the USA, and one in Australia. Please email me about your car. I wonder if it is one I know about, or is it another that has surfaced?<P>Let me know.<P>Chuck Conrad<BR>chuxgarage@aol.com