1941 Olds sheet metal question

sirstude

I am building a 1941 Olds model 76 fastback, and have a 1941 Model 66 4 door parts car. Does anyone know if any of the sheet metal, front clip, and rear fenders from the 66 will fit my 76? The two cars are about 100 miles apart, so I don't really want to drive up and try to take the 66 apart and bring it all back if it will not fit. Curious about the dash trim also, but I am pretty sure that will not fit. I know the 66 is basically a Chevrolet, and the 76 is a Buick/Pontiac/Olds/small Caddilac.

Thanks

Doug

doug

front sheet metal is same for 66 to 98 - just extra chrome trim on fenders

dash is same way - some trim is just stamped steel/painted - others are pot metal chromed

rear fenders are not interchangeable between 66 and other models 76-78-98 body lines -(chevrolet gas filler is on right fender)

tail lights are also different between models although glass lens is same

but hey if your going to strip car take it all grin.gifI would

if you have any more questions let me know I pop in here every now and then

good luck with project

aoc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest oldsmobile1915

I beg to differ... I have a '48 66 and a '47 76. The front sheet metal are not the same... just the grill. The dashboard is different width, the fenders are different length... I hope with yours that they were the same, but they were not for me.

Best of luck

~Joe Ferrero

ritthesis@yahoo.com

Guest imported_Julian

I concur.. I know on the 42s. that the sheet metal from the 66 to the 98s are all different.. I have been collecting 42 parts for 3+ yrs now and have gone through the learning process of what works and what doesnt.. 76-78 sheet metal is only comon to that body style. The grills, bumpers are the same but the body chrome is differnent length as well.. So I try my best to identify what series of car it is from before I purchase... good luck with your car.. LOVE THOSE slant back, torpeodo back styles.. super cool.. grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...