ERTL 1/18-scale 1967 Buick GS400

Centurion

Many of you may have seen these already, but the toy stores are now carrying the 1967 Buick GS400 produced by ERTL as part of its 1/18-scale musclecar series. (1970 GS's and 1970 and 1971 GSX's have previously been available in this series.)<P>I've seen the '67's with solid black exterior and also in white with black vinyl roof. I understand that they are also available in red. The cars even have the Star Wars aircleaner!<P>I opted for white with black vinyl roof, recalling that Buick typically used that color combination for its '67 GS magazine advertisements.

Ertl Company-- if you are listening;<BR>Your company needs to make a 1/18th scale 1966 Buick Wildcat 2-dr hardtop with the optional custom interior. I'll buy one Wildcat for each color that Buick offered in '66, and paint the models those factory colors, ending up with a whole fleet of '66 Wildcats, all done in factory stock colors.<P>AK Buickman....

The only problem I could see with these cars is they built them with the quarter window up.I cut mine out and they look much better.I also wonder if the chrome models will be worth more in a few years.

I also thought it was strange that these had the quarter windows in the "up" position. Good idea about removing them.<P>ERTL is putting more detail into these than they did in my '71 GSX. They are now making the windshield and rear window moldings bright, along with the windshield wipers and drip rail moldings. The cars are looking increasingly realistic.<P>If this one sells well, perhaps ERTL will be prompted to offer additional Buicks. You guys are right; a '65 Skylark GS and some Wildcats would be great additions!

It amazes me when I see the cars that they will reproduce in scale when the '65 has been neglected. EVERY Chevy EVER MADE it appears is more important than the Buick. There has never been ANY '64-65 Buick Skylark toy, model, promo, Hot Wheel, NOTHING. My other "car" a 1948 Chevy pickup was the same way. I have owned it since 1974 and up till about five years ago it was the same way, NOTHING. Then they went nuts and there are diecasts of them at the dang Quikie Marts now! Then the AMT model came out, I bought 8 of them! grin.gif" border="0 I can't wait to see the '65 Gran Sport, but I am not holding my breath. frown.gif" border="0

MARTINSR;<BR>Don't lose too much sleep if you cannot find a model of a car that you own. I've been going through the same thing for many years. Think of this-- Buick had a banner sales year in 1955, which put Buick in THIRD place in sales for the year!! Even though the '55 Buick was a big hit, models of 1955 Buicks are almost non-existent. I would love to see a high-quality scale model '55 Buick Roadmaster Riviera for sale, but it may never happen. I'll look for other Buick models to purchase.<P>AK Buickman, BCA #1955.........

Guest Skyking

Mira made a 1/18 scale model 55 Century convertible top up/top down. Though the quality isn't as nice as Ertl or Road Legends or Sun Star, I give them credit for doing them.