Architecture and Signage: Historic Buick Dealerships

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, avgwarhawk said:

krajenke-buick-dealership-sign.jpg

KRAJENKE_BUICK_FROM_FRED_ZATIRKA.JPG

When I worked in the Buick Detroit Zone, the file for Krajenke went back like 80 years.  If I remember correctly, the original papers signing the dealership were signed by Billy Durant.  A lot of history at that location.  They sold Yugo cars at one time.

In 1978, I almost bought a Bricklin from them.  They were also a Bricklin dealer in the day.

Joyce and I bought a Corvette instead which we still have.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

It is really something how a building is repurposed yet the original bones are still there. 

• Like 1

In the 1960s, the Howard Buick building was home for Jordan Buick, Jordan-Turner Buick and later Marshall Turner Buick. I grew up in Berkeley, and that is where my dad had his Buicks serviced...beginning with the 57 Roadmaster 75, then the 61 Electra 225 and finally a 65 Sportwagon. After housing Marshall Turner Buick, the building was picked up as extra space for Maggini Chevrolet which had its main showroom around the corner. There was never another Buick dealer in Berkeley after Marshall Turner closed around 1970 - had to go to neighboring Oakland or Richmond for Buick sales/service.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is a Canadian dealership?  I didn't think Vauxhall was sold in the US...

99133571_757450711458281_765391168032525

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

FB_IMG_1593458180194.jpg

Another good one Chris, THANKS

16 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

FB_IMG_1593458180194.jpg

Herb Connolly dealership now sells Chevys and Acura's at its Framingham, MA location about 20 miles west of Boston.  The company originally sold Buick's at their Brighton, MA location (a Boston "suburb").  The company moved to Framingham in 1974. 

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fr. Buick said:

Seems the dealership is still in business, but in a modern building...

52.jpg

Your timing is very very fortuitous. I just drove past this store yesterday on US-34 near Greeley, CO. They had a billboard that looks very much like this still standing. Unfortunately i was already past it with no obvious way to make a u-turn for miles. I will have to go back up this way again so hopefully when I do I can get a  photo.