1932 Chevy

Kevin W. Fisher

I have a 1932 Chevrolet BA Confederate 4 door that was bought 20 years ago. It is all original with 51,000 miles on it.I love this car and I would like to know my chances of entering any classes,perhaps preservation? I took this car out yesterday,and everything is ok. It needs polished, but how "showy" does the all original vehicle need? All info would be greatly appreciated-Thanks,Kevin.

Hello Kevin, I also have a 1932 Confederate 4 door and enjoy the car a lot too. Had it out Sunday for a drive. The advice from ex98thdrill about entering in the HPOF class is correct. that class is for cars that are for the most part original. You could also consider the Driver Participation class (DPC). these classes are not actually point judged but evaluated by specially assigned judging teams. The "Preservation" that you mentioned may have been referring to the HPOF (Historic Preservation of Original Features). We also have a level in the regular class judging called "Preservation" but this only comes into play after a vehicle has won a first Junior award and a Senior award. this does not sound like the area for your 32 chevy or mine for that matter. Definately consider the HPOF and DPC though. they are very nice, usually stress free classes created specifically for your type of car. In the meantime drive it and enjoy it. smirk.gif