Sign in to follow this  
AceCollins

cardboard for doors

I am in the midst of redoing the seats, door panels, etc. My fiberboard or cardboard (whatever it is called) is in terrible condition and the local furniture guy I am using for the project does not know where to get this material. Can anyone tell me where to go to get enough of the stuff for the doors and area around the doors?

Dear Ace,The name of the material you are looking for is panelboard and should be available from any auto trim shop.My upholstery guy used 1/8 plastic board for the door panels as it much more water resistant.Please let me know if you need any more help.diz laugh.gif

Hello Ace, I'm looking for the door panel material for my 1948 L/C, Also I wanted to know where I can get the materal (I think it's called Ragweed??) to redo the door panels. Will you let me know where you get the door "Fiberdboard", and do you know who would have the cloth material for the doors for a 1948 L/C. I've look at your car, WOW!!!! laugh.gif Thanks to all who reply. Willie (Seattle Wa.) cool.gif

Hey Willie, how are you doing? A good friend from up your way just got a kit for his 1946 Lincoln from this outfit, and I got a headliner for my '41, check them out, Rolf

Fryer's Auto Upholstery Kits

712 NE 130th Street

Vancouver, WA 98685

(360) 574-8070

www.autoupholsterykits.com

Thanks for the info on Fryer's, I'll call him this week. Also the name of the interior material I need is called "RIP-CORD". (My mistake on the other name) cool.gifWillie