Disable ABS system

blmay

what we did on my 89 was replace everything with a system from a 89 lebaron, lines booster etc, kept the tc calipars and rotors. The abs system was a junk when new and is worse now. Chrysler used a similar system on many different vehicles and they we all junk also.

chrysler did not use this exact system on anything else however some of the componments were used on other chrysler vehicle's system. It is a a good system just that parts are rare and expensive. If you want a abs system then you have to buy parts for the tc.

• 1 month later...

I am getting ready to do the same thing as you did..........replace the whole system. Anything I need to know before I start........I will be replacing: master cyc., with master cyc. with booster, brake lines........I would appreciate any information on the replacement job.

Thanks,

Bill

you will need master, cylinder, brake lines front and rear, brake pedal and connecting bolts. Will not need to change calipers. will also need prop valve. The hardest parts is installing the rear lines, we ended up removing the gas tank for access. Of course the abs light will come one if not disabled. If I can be of anyother help let me know

They don't. I used the existing lines (3) on my 1990 TC and everything worked just fine. In fact I used the brake pedal, booster, master cylinder and prop. valve from a 1993 lebaron convert. The conversion is great and now is very easy to work on with parts readily available.

• 1 month later...

the prop. valve from the labaron I used had four inlets into the valve. The TC has only three lines, so you need to block off one inlet that would go to the rear wheels. Thus you have two lines for the front and one line for the back. Be sure to get the brake pedal from the labaron to use to replace the TC brake pedal. The booster and master cyl. from the labaron will mate perfectly into the holes that the ABS master cyl. came out of. Let me know if you need anyting else. My conversion works great.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks, I just finished the conversion on my '89 TC. I ran all 4 brake lines because of the diagonal safety system of the 4 way proportioning valve. It all works just like a charm. $200.00 for all the parts and 15 hours of my labor :-)