Wool Broadcloth for 1950

Guest James Conkwright

Guest James Conkwright

Im searching for the original wool broadcloth for a 50 Buick Special. SMS sent me a sample but it did not match good enough. Has anyone found anything that matches exactly? It is gray with a slightly darker gray stripe (narrow) about every inch.<P>Thanks<BR>James Conkright<BR>50 Buick 46-S<p>[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: JConkright ]

You've considered the effects sun fading, dust and general wear have had on your original material? That may be why the SMS sample doesn't match. Or is it the pattern itself that is wrong? Sometimes you have to go with the best available match for your application.<P>Wasn't Hampton Coach making this stuff at one time?

I bought mine for my 1950 Special from Hampton Coach last year, but their's was not an exact match, either. It was closer than what SMS had, though. Only a really good judge familiar with the 1950 upholstery is going to know the difference.<P>Pete Phillips<BR>Ector, TX.<BR>1950 46-S<BR>1954 66-R<BR>1956 46-R

Kanter Auto Products has a wonderful gray with charcoal stripe broadcloth which matches my '49 Super 56S perfectly - $70 yd. this winter. - Chris